1990 391V deck extension availability

Does anyone know where I can get a deck extension for my 1990 391V ?
    Does someone make these or should I just make it myself?
    Last edited by Sabresfan22; 10-31-2020 at 03:33 AM.
    1990 Ranger 391V - 200 Yamaha

2. Member
    Anybody?
    1990 Ranger 391V - 200 Yamaha

I had a 1991 390 and I don’t think that Ranger even made deck extensions back then. Perhaps I’m wrong in that, but it’s my best guesstimate. But, that’s no reason that you can’t build one.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    I used some 3/4" form grade plywood and reinforced it with some strips on the bottom and then carpeted it on my 2000 R83. I cut the plywood to size and then once I carpeted it the fit was very secure. Probably have less than $25 in it.
    IMG-0800.jpgArea where deck extension installs.
    IMG-0799.jpgUnderside of extension.
    IMG-0798.jpgExtension installed.

The gray carpet doesn't match exactly but it works perfectly. Ranger wanted $350 for one.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I think you would probably have to fab one yourself to fit your design. Maybe get some aluminum and make a lip around the opening that an extension could sit on or do you want to have the whole thing enclosed with storage???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

I made my extension 25 years ago for my 362. Ordered a piece of carpet from Ranger that they got wrong but I used it anyway. I used 3/4 plywood sealed in fiberglass resin. Added a cooler and extra seat post base. The cooler drains into the seat base in the floor. It's open on the back end so you can shove soft tackle boxes or net under.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    I made a 2pc deck extension on my 1990 393v (lounge in front of passenger console, open in center and in front of the driver console).

I wish I had better pics, but the whole thing only took my 4hrs and is meant to be removable. I first made a template with carboard to fit the curves, and measured the heights for my supports from the floor to the template (they were all different heights). After cutting the main deck piece with a jigsaw, I split the "deck" in 2 pieces, and added a horizontal support with threaded inserts.

Basically, I can remove the deck extension in a minute or 2, or just the center part should I have family on the boat and need more seating. It's carpeted, but I can't find an6 pics that show that. Anyhow, here's something, hope it helps!

MVIMG_20200509_053132.jpgIMG_20200509_053121.jpgIMG_20200509_091900.jpg