Green Valley 30 October

I went out to the lake today to run the fuel stabilizer through it and to do a little fishing. I made it halfway there before I realized I left all of my camera gear at home. Oh well! I decided to just deal with it. The water temp was 43 and there was a pretty stiff breeze until the late afternoon. Fishing was tough for the most part. There was bait everywhere but the bass were grouped up on very specific things. I tried brush, points, channel drops and got mostly nothing. Then I found a secondary point with a good channel swing and they were LOADED on it! I probably caught close to twenty today and all but two of them came off of that spot. Also, I caught them all on a jerkbait.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

2. Member
    That’s awesome. Were you able to find that group with your electronics? Man I wish you would have had your video camera!! That way I would know if you caught some big ones :-) I’m going to try and get out Sunday morning. I’m busy today (Saturday). I will post a report Sunday afternoon hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    That’s awesome. Were you able to find that group with your electronics? Man I wish you would have had your video camera!! That way I would know if you caught some big ones :-) I’m going to try and get out Sunday morning. I’m busy today (Saturday). I will post a report Sunday afternoon hopefully.
    I actually just found them by pounding the bank. It wasn’t really all that difficult once you found them. Then I was able to go around the lake and catch some on similar spots.

I did record a 3 minute video with my phone. It will be on my channel in a couple of hours. I’ll post it here when it’s live.

And none of them were big. Th biggest was maybe 3 pounds but they were all in that 2 to 2.5 pound range.