Plate fee update

Anyone heard anything on the bill supposedly introduced to return to old fee or something close? Or should I start saving again now??

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Member
    Anyone heard anything on the bill supposedly introduced to return to old fee or something close? Or should I start saving again now??
    Start saving.

Hellinois never gives back anything but grief.

3. Member
    No doubt...if the new tax passes, the "millionares and billionares" should be able to cover that extra $100 they robbed us average guys of

4. Member
    UPDATE-- So I looked WAY BACK to our original discussion on this on BBC and found the bill (IL House Bill #3851)...many, many state reps have been added as co-sponsors of this bill...the LAST time the House handled it was on JUNE 23rd!!...it is listed as being "Re-referred to Rules Committee"

Madigan will never call that bill for a vote. The first thing that would need to happen is for MM to get locked up.

6. Member
    the LAST time the House handled it was on JUNE 23rd!!...it is listed as being "Re-referred to Rules Committee"
    As with any bill that never had a chance in hell but looked good for a photo/election op credit, it will "sine die" (without day) at close of session this year.

Start saving.

No doubt...if the new tax passes, the "millionares and billionares" should be able to cover that extra $100 they robbed us average guys of
    Considered "a very cheap cigar" money to those guys.

7. Member
    Jus get it registered out of State. I have been doing that for the past 10 years.

8. Member
    I just figure when I get pulled over for an expired plate I will just say Oops, I didn't realize that! Ill update it when the price goes back down.

9. Member
    I just figure when I get pulled over for an expired plate I will just say Oops, I didn't realize that! Ill update it when the price goes back down.
    They have you covered for that Oops.

$90 fine +$20 late fee if over 30 days+ the new sticker cost.