Factory Fuse Panel 20PHX (DREWTICK)

I was having a lot of network issues with my setup. 4 Helix 12 mega units and a mega 360. I couldn’t help but think it was due to wiring. I was looking at the factory installed blue seas fuse panel and noticed that it is switched from the master and then ran through a 30a relay. My question is, can I disconnect the current supply wire and jump a wire straight from the wires in the red boot hanging next to the fuse panel? The wires in the red boot seem to run directly from the master disconnect in the battery compartment and has higher voltage than the leads coming out of the relay. Or, does the factory installed fuse panel have enough capability to run my system the way it is wired?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    originally the fuse block was split into 2 parts, A & B one had a 8g feed and one 10g feed, half of the block was hot as long as the main disconnect was on and the other ran through the 30amp relay that was controlled by the master switch on the dash panel, either way it was capable of carrying the load because the switch only engages the relay and doesn't carry a load
    seems that they started switching top and bottom of the fuse block and the new modules are no longer split
    you should have no problem running those units off of the switched fuse block as long at the feeds from their to the units had large enough wire, I would use 12g

you could bypass the relay but I would not bypass both feeds, just the one going to the fuse panel but honestly I done see it making any difference unless you just had a weak relay, and you could check the voltage on both sides to confirm
    Phoenix does a good job with the integrated wiring harness and it was designed to handle multiple graphs.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    following

4. Member
    So here’s what I ended up doing. I jumped a 10ga wire from the connections under the red boot to my +A section of the fuse panel. I disconnected the switched wire and capped it off. I gained .3 volts on my units. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but hopefully this ends my networking issues. By the way the +B section of the fuse panel still works with the master.

5. Member
    UPDATE

The new setup didn’t fix any of my networking issues. I swear these Birds have a mind of their own. I lose gps source, then I’ll randomly lose 360 source, and on and on. I also have 2 units up front and one is dedicated to the 360. The other one will randomly think it’s hooked up directly to the 360 and I have to tell it to forget the Mega 360 and set connected transducer to mega DI. It’s getting super annoying!!

6. Member
    Go post on the humminbird forum. They can really help you. There has been lots of weird network issues. Some guys have to start their units up one at a time and certain ones first and let them boot up all the way before starting others. You may end up having to factory reset and try setting up the network again one unit at a time

7. Member
    is it the same unit losing GPS source and 360 source? The unit that doesn't have the 360 connected, can you disable 360 on it?
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    is it the same unit losing GPS source and 360 source? The unit that doesn't have the 360 connected, can you disable 360 on it?
    no, it’s different units at random times. I can disable 360 on the other front units but for some reason, it will still randomly think it’s hooked up to the 360