Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Umm how bout not letting your 12 yo run things and make him eat what you put on his plate.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

2. Member
    I would make sure he was directly involved in the donation process, there are many positive lessons to be learned in that, which he will carry with him for a lifetime.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Umm how bout not letting your 12 yo run things and make him eat what you put on his plate.
    this,, I also like the camera idea.

4. Banned
    I'd take them both and together, but don't make it competitive. It's not what it's about. You have discussed the importance of not shooting that will not be eaten. Even if you don't eat it if your hunting for meals for others and it will be eaten, no difference. Just cannot kill to let go to waste. If goes out and enjoys it, then he will do it again, if not you have at least taught him something that he will always have if needed.
    My son loved to hunt. After he killed his first deer, a nice little 8 point buck I thought he'd be hooked for life with the joy and excitement he had. His school friends were raised by tree huggers and gave him so much greif for killing a poor innocent deer he only went out a couple more times and did not pull the trigger on a few other deer. He never was interested in fishing so now thanks to these peers of my son I no longer have that bond with him.

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I'd take him, let him clean it, and let someone else eat it.

this
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Member
    I agree with this as long as he takes care of the animal and someone is eating it.

7. Member
    I agree with this. I personally won’t shoot something I won’t eat but I’m not saying that’s the right way. As long as the meat is being used, I see no issue. There are plenty of people who would love to have the meat.

8. Banned
    I don't have any kids, but I do hunt a lot and have taken a bunch of friends' kids on juvenile hunts over the years. Most had never eaten wild game, but the thrill of the hunt and the pride in their accomplishment had them pumped to eat something they harvested themselves (even if it was just an old snow goose). Any chance that the older boy try the meat because it was something he killed and not something from there grocery store? Guess it depends on why he doesn't eat meat. Is it a taste/ texture thing, moral thing, or health reasons. Id explain to him that wild game is both healthier than store bought meat (leaner and no antibiotics etc) and more respectful of the animals (they only have 1 bad day).

9. Member
    donate the meat, plenty of charities and food banks, that or let him hunt with rubber bullets
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

[QUOTE=Duece22;11460711]I can't remember the last time I have eaten a deer that I have killed. Not that we won't eat it, but we have a local family that has 11 kids all but 2 are adopted. I take it to be processed and load it into their freezer. It costs me about $100-120 but they eat all of it.[/QUOTE ‹You the Man
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

11. Member
    Whatever it takes to get them out of the house away from video games and disconnected them from there phones

12. Member
    I never ate any game I killed when I hunted or caught fish .
    I all way's gave to some that love to eat it. They may had been to old to go or was sick ?
    Just don't waste the meat or fish or game . Some one will love to have it .

13. Banned
    Have you ever asked the less fortunate is there anything they need and the reply was something you could hunt and harvest for them?? Might be suprised unless you are in the cities where everything is free.

14. Member
    I was adopted at 13, my adopted father was from the country. The first couple years I went hunting but wasn’t allowed to carry a weapon. I was the bird dog LOL. Him and his dad were always teaching safety on those trips. They would let me practice with targets. About the time I was 15 I got a single shot shotgun. Later I had a single shot 22. By time I joined the military shooting and safety were engrained. I hunted for years. Of course if we shot it we ate it. I’m super grateful for the life lessons.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I was adopted at 13, my adopted father was from the country. The first couple years I went hunting but wasn’t allowed to carry a weapon. I was the bird dog LOL. Him and his dad were always teaching safety on those trips. They would let me practice with targets. About the time I was 15 I got a single shot shotgun. Later I had a single shot 22. By time I joined the military shooting and safety were engrained. I hunted for years. Of course if we shot it we ate it. I’m super grateful for the life lessons.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

16. Member
    If you dont like the meat then you dont like it. I have tried to force myself to eat deer and other wild game and simply cant stand it. There are however many people that are not as fortunate as some to have food to eat. Maybe you could donate it to someone who is less fortunate or who would eat it. Then at least you could teach him a lesson in helping others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12