Thread: Dammit Vexus

Dammit Vexus

Stopped by my local dealer today to pickup my boat that’s been in for service. Made the mistake of looking around the showroom. Ugh I bought my 1980 at the wrong time (2 months ago). There were two 1980s there with all the new 2021 features, one black with black bottom and one charcoal bottom with the new silver color. Seadek cockpit floor. God I’m still drooling.
    I’m just an unlucky dude as far as timing goes. Story of my life!
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

2. Member
    Some of the updates are nice. I like the SeaDeck in the cockpit and steps. The nav lights in gunnel are nice too. My issue was I didn't know you could do custom or mixed colors. I love CC color, like a Teal blush/green on the bass boat. I saw an all black with red pinstripes and a platnium with black bottom.
    But I love my boat and it still keeps impressing me. The Victory red is sharp though.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

3. Member
    I contacted Vexus a few months back about a custom color build and yes they will do custom colors. I don’t see anything on their website about it though. I ended up not pulling the trigger on it but the guys I talked to there were great about it.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

I’m pretty sure they would do the teal color on a bass boat as I was going to go that route until I saw the FLW red.

5. Member
    I like the idea of seadeck in the cockpit area I have carpet and it does not drain well

6. Member
    I did my complete boat, 2080 in the SeaDek. It didnt disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by emccarthy View Post
    I like the idea of seadeck in the cockpit area I have carpet and it does not drain well

It doesn't drain any better. I had carpet in my 1980 and put the seadek in the cockpit of my 2080. Both are slow to drain. It is actually more noticeable on the SD as you can see dirt line when you clean it.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Stopped by my local dealer today to pickup my boat that’s been in for service. Made the mistake of looking around the showroom. Ugh I bought my 1980 at the wrong time (2 months ago). There were two 1980s there with all the new 2021 features, one black with black bottom and one charcoal bottom with the new silver color. Seadek cockpit floor. God I’m still drooling.
    I’m just an unlucky dude as far as timing goes. Story of my life!
    I’ve not seen the colors you are talking about, but can’t believe you can get one prettier than the white one you have. They are stunning.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    It doesn't drain any better. I had carpet in my 1980 and put the seadek in the cockpit of my 2080. Both are slow to drain. It is actually more noticeable on the SD as you can see dirt line when you clean it.
    Would you do Seadek again? I’m debating doing it in the cockpit area. I’m interested because I thought it would hold up better than carpet. I’ve read that it actually shows dirt worse than carpet and is harder to clean.