California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar

Kelsey Bass Ranch - worth it?

Title says it, is it worth the membership?

Tourney partner and I have debated it for too long. Looking for thoughts, opinions, fish stories..

2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

2. Member
    $2500 a year.... depends on how much you and the tourney partner will use it...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OdingyNBugs View Post
    $2500 a year.... depends on how much you and the tourney partner will use it...
    ^^^
    This, and if you don’t mind fishing in a pond out of a bass boat. If I lived where you are I would take the money and make multiple trips to Clear Lake . But if you guys are wanting to try it you can contact the ranch manager and set up a trip. I think it’s a $150 PayPal per person. I fished it at the end of September covered it three times in five hours, caught 20 fish up to four pounds. Gravel road for a mile and a half lots of cows and cow patties to drive over . Not much scenery, there is a little park like setting at the ramp but that’s it. But if you’re doing it to catch a fish of a life time it may be worth it. Your chances definitely go up compared to a large reservoir. Personally I’ll take my chances on a scenic large body of water trying to catch a new PB . Good luck with your decision .

4. Member
    w Don Pedro AND McClure right around the proverbial corner....

5. Member
    This

6. Banned
    I would say no.

7. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    I've always leaned towards the not worth side of our debate. We catch plenty of green fish with the lakes so near around us, just wondering if the average there was that big and worth having access to year long.

I need to make friends with someone who already has a membership.

2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

Short answer is NO !! I've fished it many times with a friend who has a LIFE MEMBERSHIP, (he also has more Money than GOD) and it's ok, my best was just over 8lbs, but unless you fished it twice a week, it's not worth the $2500. I think you also get to hunt birds on the property too. I'd rather use that money and fish Clear Lake or the Delta during the Post Spawn for a week or two !!
    You could always just fish for the day use and see for yourself too.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents