Drian Plugs - Important Info

During the October 2020 Commission meeting, the AGFC Commissioner approved regulation code 37.10, which requires all boat drain plugs to be removed before leaving a boating access. I have included the verbiage for Code 37.10 below. This regulation will go into effect on January 1, 2021. I believe our agency will distribute more information about this regulation through the Communication Division at some point before the first of the year.

37.10 BOAT DRAIN PLUG REMOVAL REQUIREMENT
    All aquatic vessel drain plug(s), including, but not limited to, bilges, livewells, baitwells, and ballast tanks, must be removed before and during trailering of vessel to and from waterbody access facilities.

EXCEPTIONS:

A. Fishing tournament officials may submit a request to AGFC Fisheries Division for written permission to allow for the transport of fish to an offsite weigh station. All participants must be given a copy of the permit.
    B. Transportation of baitfish is allowed in compliance with Code 26.27.

PENALTY: Class 1

Jeremy Risley
    District 2 Fisheries Supervisor

2. #FRB
    ALWAYS pull my plug because it's the right thing to do. I'll remind my friend about this but I doubt he'll do it. I bet the plug on his 2000 Champion has only been pulled half a dozen times in the past 20 years.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.