Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Loud music from gas station pumps...WTF

I tried to gas up at a WAWA tonight and the loud music blew out my hearing aids. The young gal at the register said there was nothing they could do about. Corporate controlled the volume.

I suppose it is a marketing strategy but for whom? I carry painters tape to cover the pump speakers while filling up but WAWA now has placed the speakers out of reach.

Dang it

Rant over

2. Member
    Quick trip has a mute button for that. Thank you quick trip!

3. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Shell has news and weather on theirs. I about jumped out of my skin one time when it came on all loud and spooked me.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

If it's too loud, you're too old.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Jay Leno used to do skits about those speakers I believe . Funny , I’ve never seen a station in my part of Georgia that had speakers blaring.

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Usually around here it’s from the cars getting gas. You could write 10 noise ordinance tickets at any given time around here at any given station.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Banned
    bad enough its loud, but it is also crap speakers.

The news and commercials are distracting while pumping gas. Too many people not paying attention to the task at hand.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Dogfish_Jones
    Filling up tonight, a young guy was playing music super loud too. When the bass would kicked in, it rattled his trunk that it distorted the sounds. He looked over at me and then he leaned into his car and turned it down. Maybe me shaking my head and rolling my eyes made him feel like he was more of an embarrassment than a pimp.
    I really don’t get to upset hearing it because I’m sure was I was younger I had my music rather loud. I just know now that I was just making a fool of myself and not impressing anyone else, especially the older people.
    But really who wouldn’t want to hear Fleetwood Mac loud! Maybe some Freebird by Lynard Skynard.......

10. Member
    Drives me crazy

11. Member
    makes it easier for tweekers to jump in the passenger seat and steal all of your loose change

I think all WaWas have this issue. Ours is super loud too. It does play music but it also plays commercials about their deals in the store. None the less its annoying but not as annoying as the Jack Wagons that come in hot playing their music with super loud
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

13. Member
    Local Cenex has speakers and they are a little loud. Only thing I like is the word of the day. The correct way to say it and the meaning. I think it's lost on most of the crowd that buys gas there.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Similar situation at our local CVS, the music is so loud I don’t know how the pharmacy can talk to their customers who trend to the older end of the age spectrum.

Have you thought about writing a letter to Wawa HQ explaining your frustrations with them? I'm sure they're not the only place in town to buy gas.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    If it's too loud, you're too old.
    Nah, it's when you can't hear it that you're too old. I haven't noticed any loud music at any of the stations around here.

17. Moderator
    No loud music around here but the places I gas up at have the news and weather. Weather is never accurate tho.

Wish we had WAWA..... One of the better conveince stores.

19. Member
    Don't know if this applies to any other stations that shell, but push the second button down on the right.
    Joey Aderhold

20. Member
    There are more gas stations in the area
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast