Power pole issue, help!

One of my 10ft blades is acting up. The pole will deploy down, but will not come back up, I have no leaks and should not have air in the lines.no pinched hoses. Fished 7 days straight and used them everyday and this happened on the last day. I just had both pumps completely gone through by powerpole and they have been working great until today. It's just the one pole doing this. Could it be the cylinder on the pole? I'm out of ideas.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Circuit board or pump valve. Give power pole a call quickest resolution. They will get you back up and running.

3. Member
    I had sludge blocking the intake valves. Had no idea that the hydraulic fluid would do that and I never really changed it. Just would always made sure the reservoirs were full. So its on my annual fluid drain and refill schedule. Power Pole customer support got my problem figured out very quickly. I called and they listened to the noise my poles were making via my phone. They sent at no cost to me, they're upgraded valves plus fluid for both pumps, even though only one was having the problem. Plus a link to video on how to change out the valves. They told me to try this first before I sent the pumps to them. If there was a sludge build up on the valves which could be cleaned off, they said to go ahead and change them out with the new valves anyway. They said the new valves will really improve the performance. My blades are 8 years old. Work better now than they did when they were new.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 10-30-2020 at 10:47 AM.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I had sludge blocking the intake valves. Had no idea that the hydraulic fluid would do that and I never really changed it. Just would always made sure the reservoirs were full. So its on my annual fluid drain and refill schedule. Power Pole customer support got my problem figured out very quickly. I called and they listened to the noise my poles were making via my phone. They sent at no cost to me, they're upgraded valves plus fluid for both pumps, even though only one was having the problem. Plus a link to video on how to change out the valves. They told me to try this first before I sent the pumps to them. If there was a sludge build up on the valves which could be cleaned off, they said to go ahead and change them out with the new valves anyway. They said the new valves will really improve the performance. My blades are 8 years old. Work better now than they did when they were new.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I just had both pumps completely rebuilt by powerpole, literally a week ago. Everything was replaced. Motors, boards, o rings new valves.new fluid.

I had 1 of my 10ft blades slowly leaking down while the other stayed up... 1 quick phone call to PP customer service and 3 days later... i had a new set of updated valves for BOTH of my pumps... bout an hour later for repairs (by myself) and BINGO... all is good now!!

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    I had 1 of my 10ft blades slowly leaking down while the other stayed up... 1 quick phone call to PP customer service and 3 days later... i had a new set of updated valves for BOTH of my pumps... bout an hour later for repairs (by myself) and BINGO... all is good now!!

8. Member
    You guys cant read apparently. My pumps HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT BY POWERPOLE ALREADY.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jatkins1981 View Post
    You guys cant read apparently. My pumps HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT BY POWERPOLE ALREADY.
    PM sent

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I think they were just making a generic comment, dont think they were commenting to you.

11. Member
    I have a problem very similar that I have to call PP about Monday. One side works perfect the other deploys ok, but doesn't have a lot of pressure in the down position. Going back up takes almost forever and finally makes it. To me, that sounds like the valve concern you're talking about, guess I will find out.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post
    I have a problem very similar that I have to call PP about Monday. One side works perfect the other deploys ok, but doesn't have a lot of pressure in the down position. Going back up takes almost forever and finally makes it. To me, that sounds like the valve concern you're talking about, guess I will find out.
    when is the last time you have changed your fluid? Sounds like may be a clogged valve screen. Id start there first.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post

PM sent

14. Member
    Sorry for not picking up that your pumps were rebuilt. I did not see that down further in your message. If your message started out with stating the pumps were rebuilt, I would have not missed it. What you described is precisely what was going on with mine and new valves and sludge removal fixed the problem. No need to get snarky with your response that we can't read, when we are trying to help. Call Power Pole and they will help you Im sure.