Help With Gen 1 HB 360 - Blowing Fuses

Guys,

I've got a gen 1 HB 360 mounted up front with a Helix 10G2N on my Ranger RT188. The units are both wired into a wiring block that is factory installed under the recessed trolling motor mount. This block runs back through the main fuse block which is to the right of the drivers station. The circuit is on a 10 amp fuse.

Prior to installing the 360 unit, I never had any issues. Initially upon installation everything went great. However, I have started blowing fuses. Also, I have had the 360 NOT be detectable by the Helix a few times. When this happens I disconnect the power feed to the unit and then reconnect and it seems to reset things. The last time I went through two fuses and simply left the unit disconnected. When the 360 is disconnected, the Helix runs perfectly fine. My gut tells me that there may be something internally wrong on the 360, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

Any thoughts or ideas on what is going on and how to fix?

Thanks

Curt
    Curt Stowers; Naperville, IL
    RT188, Mercury 50 Four Stroke, St. Croix rod fan, Shimano reel fan

The 360 should have its own 1A fuse. That would determine if it has an issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

i don't recall putting a 1 Amp fuse in the connection when I installed it. I'll have to lift out the TM foot pedal tray and check it out
    Curt Stowers; Naperville, IL
    RT188, Mercury 50 Four Stroke, St. Croix rod fan, Shimano reel fan