Thumbs Up First tournament win of the season!

First time at Webster Lake in the lakes region of New Hampshire, and my buddy and I pulled out the win. We had a little insight on the lake from a friend to give us the lay of the lake ahead of time, but of course, none of his spots helped at all. We were hitting the smallmouth pretty good on the new Hustler hybrid jig from Beast Coast Fishing, so we both had them rigged on thinking this lake, similar to the other places we had been fishing, would likely produce on the same pattern. That was definitely the right call on our part.

First spot we aimed for largemouth and came up empty after the first 30 minutes (very small area). Moved out a bit to the next spot immediately adjacent to the first, and picked up a decent keeper smallmouth. Keep moving down the bank and picked up another one...and another one further down...and they just kept on hammering that little finesse jig. We quickly abandoned the largemouth bite and kept at that pattern for depth and structure for the smallmouth, and it paid off with 4 smallmouth (4 fish limit for this tourney) for a little over 13 lbs, and the win. Not too shabby for a little New Hampshire lake.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Those are nice fish anywhere, congrats.

Nice video Snover. Congratulations to you and Andrew on the win. That looked like a great time
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Congrats on the win.

Why did you wait to win now?

Wouldn't it have been better to win back in April, when the stock market was down?

5. Member
    Congrats!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Those are nice fish anywhere, congrats.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Nice video Snover. Congratulations to you and Andrew on the win. That looked like a great time
    Thanks Tim. Definitely a great time there. That place has a pretty impressive amount of varied structure for such a small-ish body of water, looking forward to spending more time there in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Congrats on the win.

Why did you wait to win now?

Wouldn't it have been better to win back in April, when the stock market was down?

lol certainly wasn't for a lack of trying! Got my butt kicked hard in tournaments this season, took quite a step back this year compared to the last few years. But that's alright, I'll get back up there next season.

7. Member
    Congratulations.. roll it on through next season.

8. Member
    Great day for sure, good job. Enjoyed video.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Congrats

10. Member
    Congratulations

12. Moderator
    Sean was that a recent tournament? Was it before the drawdown? Nice smallies and congrats on the win.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I watched the video and was surprised to see the spinning gear being used for the jig fishing. What was your line set up?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Sean was that a recent tournament? Was it before the drawdown? Nice smallies and congrats on the win.
    Back on October 4th so before draw down. I imagine with a lake that small, they've already drawn it down the full 2 feet by this point. Newfound was already coming down really fast when I went there last week, the river down stream from it was ripping all last week. They apparently don't waste must time in drawing these places down when it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I watched the video and was surprised to see the spinning gear being used for the jig fishing. What was your line set up?
    Yea for heavier finesse stuff like that, I prefer to use my spinning gear. I need to figure out how to tie an FG knot, any other leader knot that I know and am confident with absolutely sucks for casting gear. So when I'm doing something like this for smallmouth, I go with my spinning gear to get the braid benefit.

Currently using 10 lb Daiwa J-braid to 10 lb Seaguar Abrazx for my leader, usually tie it about 15-20 feet long if I'm working in the rocks all day like we were in this tournament.

15. Member
    good job congratulations
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

Congratulations!

17. Member

Congrats