Rod holders or an 1880

As much as I don't want to drill my boat, I need to install some rod holders. I need them to flush mount with the deck......Any Idea's?

2. Member
    http://www.driftmaster.com/Spider-Rigs.html
    T-250 Series T-Bars do not require drilling. Pedestal seat holds it into the location.

This is what I am going to use when I get a chance to buy it.

3. Member
    Are you wanting to spider rig or something else?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    Are you wanting to spider rig or something else?
    Gonna do some trolling for Striper and Walleye, plus some spider rigging. Was looking to put 2 in mid back and 3 at mid front, then buy the spider rigging outfit for crappie.

5. Member
    You might consider using one of the track systems like the guys up north use. My downriggers are mounted on tracks as is the mount for the T-bars in the front for spider rigging. They make a plastic pad to fit into the empty track. Think about this, I have a Scotty base that fits in the track so that opens you up to the wide array of Scotty products. Be very careful when trolling for Stripers, especially when you are using Umbrella Rigs. The Scotty rod holders are strong enough as are the Pro Series Driftmasters. A Striper my be swimming at 40 MPH when it hits the Urig and you are likely trolling with heavy line (80 pound PowerPro braid in my case) so you don't lose that $40 Uring when it gets hung in a tree!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
    You might consider using one of the track systems like the guys up north use. My downriggers are mounted on tracks as is the mount for the T-bars in the front for spider rigging. They make a plastic pad to fit into the empty track. Think about this, I have a Scotty base that fits in the track so that opens you up to the wide array of Scotty products. Be very careful when trolling for Stripers, especially when you are using Umbrella Rigs. The Scotty rod holders are strong enough as are the Pro Series Driftmasters. A Striper my be swimming at 40 MPH when it hits the Urig and you are likely trolling with heavy line (80 pound PowerPro braid in my case) so you don't lose that $40 Uring when it gets hung in a tree!
    I ended up buying 4 driftmaster holders and mounted two on each sided front and back. I drilled into the lids to keep from drilling into unknown places, it worked out pretty good as they are flush mounted. I also found some cleat mounted rigs to use for crappie and wally fishing, this gave me some pretty good options that I am happy with.