2007 champion 210 Remote drain plug

Hey guys,

I did some searching and found some threads that talked about the remote drain plug but no specifics.

1. Does anyone know what length to order for a 2007 champion 210 that will have the lever installed at the drivers seat next to the remote valve for the livewell?

2. Also there was talks about drilling the old drain plug out, or if it is smooth or threaded. Fine thread or course. Using fiberglass resin or not. 1" ID or OD opening?
    Any input for these concerns would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
    Les

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If you're going to control ti from next to the LW drain, I'd get the 10'. The fine & course thread discussion was regarding the replacing the OEM threaded plug, so doesn't apply here. I didn't install mine, but figure it will probably mount where the old one comes out. If the 2 screws don't match, I'd fill the holes with Marine Tex. Be sure you seal the install with waterproof RTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    If you're going to control ti from next to the LW drain, I'd get the 10'. The fine & course thread discussion was regarding the replacing the OEM threaded plug, so doesn't apply here. I didn't install mine, but figure it will probably mount where the old one comes out. If the 2 screws don't match, I'd fill the holes with Marine Tex. Be sure you seal the install with waterproof RTV.

Thanks Reggie,

That sounds like a solid plan to start with.

have a great weekend!

4. Member
    SJSharky,
    I belive the 10 foot cable should work if you install the valve by the other flowrite livewells. I installed a 6 foot cable from the oil fill hole on the transom topcap with plenty of extra length. Easy install by the way.
    Good luck.

Just some feedback for this.

I finally took all my batteries out and was able to get the new remote drain plug installed.
    I did use the one with the 10' cable and it was perfect. I made the job easy buy installing it next to the remote drain plug for the live well next to the drive seat. I used the livewell cable to fish the new cable to the drain plug hole. I disconnected it from the livewell drain and attached a 12gauge wire to it, pulled it back to the helm, attached the new cable to it and pulled it back down.
    This saved me a lot of time and frustration of trying to fish it down there by itself.