BBC SPONSOR Angler's Choice - VA's Avatar

Looking for advice on a Barrett

Wife wants a Barrett 50 cal. Not the dinky 42" version we see in most gun stores. She wants the full blown military version. Any advice? Best source? Bolt or semi-auto? Known issues?

2. Member
    Barrett resale value SUCKS. That is good for you, find something used and save a bundle. I don't know what you are talking about a dinky version, you can buy the same thing uncle same has bought from Barrett for nearly the past 40 years with a 20-29" barrel... I think they make some longer versions on their civilian rifles, but for almost any purpose the shorter barrels will be fine, I don't know where you will top out 2000-4000yd shots...

3. BBC SPONSOR Angler's Choice - VA's Avatar
    When I say dinky, we looked at several that measured around 42". Uncle Sams comes in around 59" if memory serves me correctly so there's more than just a 9" difference in barrel length.

4. Scraps
    Is that the one that shoots the "fist of death"?
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angler's Choice - VA View Post
    When I say dinky, we looked at several that measured around 42". Uncle Sams comes in around 59" if memory serves me correctly so there's more than just a 9" difference in barrel length.
    The Barrett M107a1 or 82a1 is 57" with a 29" barrel. They are common and "cheap" on the second hand market, often barely fired. Uncle Sams rifles are no different, and I bet there were way more 20" models the 29" models. 20" with the titanium suppressor would probably be the most accurate option if you are going with something .mil used. The civilian single shot long range model is "bigger" if you want to go bigger.

6. Member
    Dang. Does she have a sister?

7. BBC SPONSOR Angler's Choice - VA's Avatar
    Sorry. Only spoiled brat of a Gunny.