Thread: C Seat issue

C Seat issue

Anyone have problem with the top headrest part of your seat coming unscrewed. If so how do you fix it? Does the Ranger emblem on the back of the seat pop off? Thanks for the help! Greg

Most of the ranger seats we’ve done...the oval Ranger emblem has a decal over a couple of screws.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    On mine it looks like the plastic in the seat has broken where the screws attach. Not sure how to repair.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    On mine it looks like the plastic in the seat has broken where the screws attach. Not sure how to repair.
    Have a relationship with a decent dealer? Give them a call and have them walk you through it. If no good dealer support in your area, call my dealer here in central Ohio, Knox Marine. Top notch: 740-694-7774. Ask for Mike Steele, but the parts guy Brody also could help.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I had to replace the plastic form on mine as whoever installed them screwed the lag screw too tight and broke the plastic. I think they were $35/pair. You might try putting an aluminum plate over the broken hole and drill a hole in it to screw too. That was my "Alt" plan B LOL !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    Sounds like a common issue ranger should fix it being it's a know issue. Cant believe they have not changed the design if its flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    Sounds like a common issue ranger should fix it being it's a know issue. Cant believe they have not changed the design if its flawed.
    The only "Flaw" is over tightening the Lag Bolt to where it breaks the plastic.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents