touch switch panel on 2019 Z20

Occasionally, usually in hot sunlight, one of the touch switches on the console (live well fill, recirculators, nav lights, etc.) will not respond to touch. Now, none of the switches can be turned on by touch. Anyone else? Recommended solutions? Thanks.

That sounds like a complete panel failure to me. Mine were always extremely sensitive to touch, hot or cold. If I even grazed it with a finger or knuckle they would turn on. I have hit that horn button accidently and scared myself almost out of the boat I don't know how many times....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    It’s the only thing I really don’t like about my nitro. How is that an improvement over a simple switch?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It’s the only thing I really don’t like about my nitro. How is that an improvement over a simple switch?
    Correct. I like my 2015 nitro so much I want to upgrade to a 2021, but have no desire to have these soft touch or screen like controls. I want the basic old school switches that I have spares of in my garage that cost 5$
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    I plan on keeping my boat for many years and at some point I'm sure I'll have to replace the factory control panel with custom built switch panel.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    I plan on keeping my boat for many years and at some point I'm sure I'll have to replace the factory control panel with custom built switch panel.
    Im planning on doing the same eventually. Had a situation the other day where I couldn’t get my livewell to shut off and had to turn the boat power on and off. I just kept thinking, how is this dumb pad an improvement over a switch.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    That sounds like a complete panel failure to me. Mine were always extremely sensitive to touch, hot or cold. If I even grazed it with a finger or knuckle they would turn on. I have hit that horn button accidently and scared myself almost out of the boat I don't know how many times....
    Same here...that horn is LOUD and if a fly lands on that button it'll go off!
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

8. Member
    Yeah not a fan of these fancy panels. And after a few years they’ll switch to something else and parts will be extremely hard and more costly than they are already. Switches are easy to find and inexpensive
    Nitro z21

These panels must be design by 20 somethings who have never owned a boat. I would prefer Toggle switches also..
    When mine breaks it is being replaced by switches and circuit breakers.
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.