USA Let’s compare Gt54 to Gt56?

For anyone who knows about this what are the advantages of this new GT 56 transducer versus the GT 54 ? transducer? Crap I just sold a Gt52 and upgraded to the gt 54 like two weeks ago and now the GT 56 is coming -can’t keep up anymore : )

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It’s only money

3. Member
    Was wondering the same thing... was about to buy a couple, but not sure which one now......
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

4. Member
    I think Garmin has made it pretty simple and also I think opened a big door. Get the GT56. Excellent detail and range.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post11454957
    Those shots were generally 20-30 ft deep except the one with the beds at 13.3ft. So there's what is to me, shallow water stuff. Then you've still got 800 for deeper and 455 for my 100 FOW. So now, instead of the GT50 as my all time favorite, the GT56 is. Kind of like the lyrics "Anything you can do I can do better". It does everything the GT50 does plus has the detail on 1000 kHz in the pics I posted.

The big door-----Well I think they are going to have a bunch of GT50 and GT52 and GT54 to get rid of. My guess is that it won't be long until they come off MAP and are discounted. That's a win for them and win for fishermen. They are good transducers, just not as good or versatile as the GT56.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 10-28-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Great info, thanks!!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin LV34

Wonder if the GT56 will start coming on the Force trolling motor, well of course they will because i just bought one, never fails.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Wonder if the GT56 will start coming on the Force trolling motor, well of course they will because i just bought one, never fails.
    According to Mr. Winchester in the Leonard and Todd thread it won’t fit. I just put all new Garmin on my boat gt30 and gt34uhd in July so I feel you. Both take really good images but I’ll still probably upgrade to the new 36 just for the simple fact it will do the job of both and looks like it’ll do it better and it’ll be a lot more user friendly with just one transducer. Now what to do with the empty 12 pin connection . Kinda the nature of the beast with technology. I guess we don’t have to buy it if don’t want to (yah right ).

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    I feel the pain also, just bought a month ago a 93SV UHD package and here comes something new again.
    I got the first 93SV last year 3 weeks before the UHD came out.

Looks like I need to quit buying for a year and then just pick up some good used equipment that has been de-bugged and works for cheap

9. Member
    I just talked to Garmin and they said that the GT56 has the same mounting bolt holes as the GT54, but is approx. 3" longer.....
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin LV34

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Looks like a bigger eye for better returns?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    For anyone who knows about this what are the advantages of this new GT 56 transducer versus the GT 54 ? transducer? Crap I just sold a Gt52 and upgraded to the gt 54 like two weeks ago and now the GT 56 is coming -can’t keep up anymore : )
    I know how you feel. Just sold my 93sv 2 months ago to upgrade to the 93 uhd and now they come with a new transducer. Usually how it works for me also.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    According to Mr. Winchester in the Leonard and Todd thread it won’t fit.
    You could make it work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.