Banned

Motor Trim Issues ...

Hey guys, I have a new non current Yamaha f150lb and I’m having intermittent issues with the up trim. It started off early season and only now and then. It’s now having the issue more often. I can hear the relay clicking but not going up. If I trim down for few seconds it will trim back up. However, today it wasn’t that easy. I opened her up to make sure no loose/ damaged wires and nothing stood out at me. Anyone have any info for me? It’s under warranty
    so I will be taking her in at some point.

thank all.

2. Banned
    Anyone... lol

3. Member
    It’s under warranty. Just take it to dealer and let them repair it.
    If the relay is working and there is voltage to the motor and it does work, sounds like it needs a new motor.

4. Member
    Just because the relay is clicking, doesn't mean the internal plate / contact is pulling down far enough to transfer voltage. Just had the same issue with "down trim" on my OX66. I know it's a different motor but the principle is the same.

5. Member
    My 150 vmax done same thing I bought a new relay and took care of my problem it would click sometimes and start working and then finally it stuck and ran the trimed the motor all the way up so I figured my relay had a burnt contact and replaced it haven’t had no problems since

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcross View Post
    My 150 vmax done same thing I bought a new relay and took care of my problem it would click sometimes and start working and then finally it stuck and ran the trimed the motor all the way up so I figured my relay had a burnt contact and replaced it haven’t had no problems since
    cool thanks my dealer ordered me one. I will replace over the winter.