Thread: Do You Ever...

Do You Ever...

With all the tech these days, do you ever sometimes want to say screw it, I'm getting a couple of LCX-111c, simplifying my setup and going fishing!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You going WAY back.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Just remember, those units were State of The Art when new. You may think you are going back in time but those are still some pretty sophisticated units. If you just need to know the depth, a flasher will tell you that. I love learning tech, it may not always help to catch fish but sometimes it does. I hear guys all the time say they wish carb motors were still available. I guess to each their own.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    With all the tech these days, do you ever sometimes want to say screw it, I'm getting a couple of LCX-111c, simplifying my setup and going fishing!
    No.....

Never ever. You ever think getting paddles for your bass boat?

6. Member
    I regularly use an old Elite 4 HDI, when I need something simple with a low draw that still works well and can show me the fish and structure I look for.

7. Member
    Yes

8. Member
    Negative.
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member

old school

that sounds great I have 2 gen 1 lowrance's they still find every thing the new updated units do just remember your locators don't catch the fish

10. Member
    Done better that that. I recently had a new JP gauge set up installed in my boat and they didn't secure the power wire to fuse box back good and it came off. I lost ALL electronics on my boat. Was fishing with an ol friend and we had to do it old school. He managed to catch a nice 7pounder and we caught several 3-4 pounders as well. I was sort of ticked off that nothing worked, but it made us actually fish and use our heads and not electronics, turned out to be a fun day of fishing.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo