Fall fishing patterns, Southeast

Curious what folks do during fall turn over with water column and your approach to catch bass.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Once they do get into full fall pattern, I generally find a good feeder creek and search out the shads, once you find the shads, the bass will be close by.
    If by chance you can find a nice hump near the mouth of a creek and there are spots in your lake, those spots will be hanging out there. They still want the current from the river but will hang around those humps to ambush any prey coming by.
    I tend to look at more open water territory than I do I the summer which at times seems weird but if you do find the shad in open water you have a pretty good chance to nabbing a few bass in the mix.

3. Member
    Find the prey find the predator. I start with fishing the baitfish balls themselves whether I see them with my eye or my electronics especially if there is noticeable activity whether that be rapid direction changes of surface schools or “spaghetti” visible on the graph in or under the bait balls. From there move to the nearest structure/cover. If that doesn’t work I run to the nearest tailrace.

4. Member
    Fall is my favorite jerk bait time.

Jigs, Carolina rigs, spinnerbaits, squarebills are all go to's but you have to find the baitfish 1rst.. backs of creeks, pockets and/or mainlake humps or flats to watch for schoolers and then killem with a topwater bait

6. Member
    I like to cover shallow points and bars with a topwater. Cover water. When you start getting bit slow down and soak those areas.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

7. Member
    I like hitting the flats in when the shad are there cranking and pitching at isolated wood.

8. Member
    Offshore spotted bass in deep creek channels feeding on shad.