Clinton Tomorrow Thurs 10/29 If Anyone Wants To Go

I'll be dumping in at the marina a little before 0700 and I'll be solo if any of you guys want to fish just holler at me. I haven't fished since Saturday, but friends have been out every day this week and they are still snapping pretty good.

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Nice gesture Philly.

Dale Sinclair original

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428442[/ATTACH

Been out here for a couple hours and they are snapping pretty good once you get around them. Northeast wind is kicking and it really has them on the hard stuff.]
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Nice report Philly! Thanks for sharing, and keep catching em!

5. Member
    Is there a hp limit on Clinton Lake?

6. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WydeGlyde View Post
    Is there a hp limit on Clinton Lake?
    No there is not

Dale Sinclair original

7. Member
    Can’t remember, is there time constraints because of Hunt season?

Quote Originally Posted by bsly67 View Post
    Can’t remember, is there time constraints because of Hunt season?
    No time constraints. The portion of the lake above Dewitt is closed off until April 1, 2021, but there is still a ton of good fish'n in the remainder of the lake that stays open all year. There are a lot of duck hunters out on the lake (especially weekends) but I always give them plenty of room once I see where they are set up and I've never had any issues. There are a lot of Crappie fisherman out lately as well and I always make an effort to give them their space as well.

9. Member
    Thinking of heading down next Sunday and have never been. Usually this time of year my thoughts go to lake shafer and smallmouth fishing but this intrigues me. Where is the best place to put in? Can you run this lake without worry of hazard? I am assuming get back in the creeks and find the shad is the game plan? Anything else I need to look out for on this body of water? Also is there an area that we should concentrate on? Just looking to try something different before we put the boat away.

It's a very easy lake to run as all shallow areas are well marked, etc. They fish have been on shallow laydowns and rocks and that should hold up pretty good for at least the next couple weeks. I'd reccomend putting in at the marina boat ramp. Feel rlfree to PM for any further or more current info.

11. Member
    Thanks Philly,
    Still contemplating between the two lakes.

12. Member
    Philly this warm weather changing your bite or they still chomping? May try and scrape some time together to get there for a half day.

Quote Originally Posted by bsly67 View Post
    Philly this warm weather changing your bite or they still chomping? May try and scrape some time together to get there for a half day.
    I only had a couple hours to fish this morning because I had a staff meeting at 1:00PM. I put in up in the North Fork and proceeded to SMASH them. I had to start heading for the ramp at 1130 in order to make my meeting, but they we still biting.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I only had a couple hours to fish this morning because I had a staff meeting at 1:00PM. I put in up in the North Fork and proceeded to SMASH them. I had to start heading for the ramp at 1130 in order to make my meeting, but they we still biting.
    like, upstream from power plant?

Yes. Under the RT. 54 bridge and through "The Culvert" is what we refer to as The North Fork. I can get through the culvert now with my boat (Stratos 201ProXL w/8' Power Poles) but there is also a ramp up there in the North Fork.

How long does the fall bite last on Clinton? I recall guys from another site that used to plan trips there well into November. Surprisingly, I have never fished Clinton. What kind of water temps does the lake still have? Thanks for any info.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    How long does the fall bite last on Clinton? I recall guys from another site that used to plan trips there well into November. Surprisingly, I have never fished Clinton. What kind of water temps does the lake still have? Thanks for any info.
    I fish the area between Mascoutin and Dewitt all Winter long. The lake usually fishes really good all the way into December and even longer if it isn't crazy cold. Water temps right now are mid 50's at Dewitt and I found water as cold as 49 yesterday, but that was early in the day. This recent cold snap has knocked them off of moving baits (exception of flat cranks and blade baits) but they have been biting a football jig and the flat baits really good on the steeper rock banks the past few days.

19. Member
    Agree the lake is a good one this time of year. I sold my z520 last spring due to lack of use (highschool boys in sport) but still love to get out, especially this time of year. If anyone is looking for a back seater, PM me!