Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    more money is lost in the name of "trying to protect" a portfolio than is lost in the markets itself. Not saying buy and hold forever. everyone should have a planned strategy and should execute that strategy based upon sound financial decisions. timing the market is not a strategy.
    Tend to agree with this. As someone who invest monthly in etfs and mutual funds and never sells, I am curious how some of you guys that buy/sell individual stocks have fared over the past 15 years? I don't follow it close enough to make good decisions, I think I would suck at it.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    Inflation is coming.

Buy stocks. I think stocks are the best hedge against inflation
    Thanos was the hero

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Tend to agree with this. As someone who invest monthly in etfs and mutual funds and never sells, I am curious how some of you guys that buy/sell individual stocks have fared over the past 15 years? I don't follow it close enough to make good decisions, I think I would suck at it.

For the vast majority buying a market ETF like the SPY is the best option and would have outperformed. But there are those who bought just TSLA, AAPL,NFLX and Bitcoin and are laughing all the way to the bank
    Thanos was the hero

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12