Noerl hydraulic steering

My 2016 Ranger 170VS had cable steering which failed a few weeks ago. I took it to a local shop that I really trust and had them install hydraulic steering expecting that they would install a Bay Star unit. To be fair, I didn't ask since I really knew nothing about hydraulic steering. He installed a Noerl system which works beautifully and appears to be solidly built.

Does anyone know anything about this brand? I can find almost nothing on the web about it.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    Amazing price, wonder where it's built. Here's one on eBay but other sites list it at three times as much. Hmmmmm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-O....c100009.m1982

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    My 2016 Ranger 170VS had cable steering which failed a few weeks ago. I took it to a local shop that I really trust and had them install hydraulic steering expecting that they would install a Bay Star unit. To be fair, I didn't ask since I really knew nothing about hydraulic steering. He installed a Noerl system which works beautifully and appears to be solidly built.

Does anyone know anything about this brand? I can find almost nothing on the web about it.
    Never heard of them, that is a heck of a price though. Who was your trusted shop?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Never heard of them, that is a heck of a price though. Who was your trusted shop?
    Speed and Custom Marine.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Scott is very good! Good choice. Was hoping it wasn't the place on the Parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Scott is very good! Good choice. Was hoping it wasn't the place on the Parkway.
    I agree. I am a big fan of Scott. I had called the place on the Parkway and left a message for him to call me. He didn't. Scott called me back in minutes and told me to bring the boat right over.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Guy on the Parkway is a douche! Called there looking for part and they told me I needed to go there and do a face to face for an inquiry. Drove 45 mins with the part number and tells me that's a bad part number. Showed him the BRP part number from their parts site and says that's a bad number. Said Really?? Said we don't have it. Told him then why the F did I drive an hour and a Half when you could have told me you didn't have it over the phone!! He's an ass. I use Shields now for BRP parts and Scott for Merc and Mark's for Yammie parts. Pags loves Fred but he fished with him and won some $$ but the guy is turd.

I have no experience with that brand. With that being said, made in China makes me leery. Since it is a done deal go out and enjoy it. You are going to love the difference over cable steer.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    I have no experience with that brand. With that being said, made in China makes me leery. Since it is a done deal go out and enjoy it. You are going to love the difference over cable steer.
    I cannot find a country of manufacture on line, if it is foreign made support parts might be difficult to find. Time will tell.

Another thing, if it stops working at 70 M P H, who ya gonna sue?

Seen Dan?