Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Live Sight (next generation)

Any rumors out there that Lowrance will be introducing a comp to the Garmin Live Scope Imaging? After reviewing the cost to upgrade my carbons to use Live Sight I realized the technology is the same as the OLD Panoptix and imagery is terrible in comparison to the LiveScope.
    Michael J. Koenig

2. Member
    I heard they are announcing something in December.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goaltender8 View Post
    Any rumors out there that Lowrance will be introducing a comp to the Garmin Live Scope Imaging? After reviewing the cost to upgrade my carbons to use Live Sight I realized the technology is the same as the OLD Panoptix and imagery is terrible in comparison to the LiveScope.
    Livesight haven't any chance to be close to Livescope. Different spec. Different frequency. Absolute no comparision to LVS. To Panoptix I gen- yes,but....I'm not seen even half range in front mode effective like Garmin's PS - transducers. I add Lvs on my boat at last, but Navico still have a chance to upgrade their live-system because 1st gen is.....;)

4. Member
    It's Gen 1. Gen 2 will be much closer to what Panoptix has. It HAS to be. Lowrance is not a rookie. They know what they need to do. I'm confident they will press forward with a Gen 2 that will rival all the best of Panoptix and 260 imaging.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

5. Member
    Based upon how they rolled both the HDS Live units and the Ghost, Lowrance is 3-4 years away from getting anything to the table of what their competitors have out now. By then, it will be antiquated to what HB and Garmin will have out.

6. Member
    That is not a comforting statement for someone who has bought into Lowrance

Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    Based upon how they rolled both the HDS Live units and the Ghost, Lowrance is 3-4 years away from getting anything to the table of what their competitors have out now. By then, it will be antiquated to what HB and Garmin will have out.
    Michael J. Koenig

7. Member
    What was the issue with how they rolled out the HDS Live units? Same for the Ghost....I don't run one (yet), but based on all that I have read it sounds like they have produced a slight better troller than Garmin, and a much better troller than the Ultrex.

8. Member
    Wait until February.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutdabass View Post
    What was the issue with how they rolled out the HDS Live units? Same for the Ghost....I don't run one (yet), but based on all that I have read it sounds like they have produced a slight better troller than Garmin, and a much better troller than the Ultrex.
    Lowrance's marketing is way ahead of their ability to deliver. For the Live units, they were months late hitting the market. As for the Ghost, they marketed it, transducers, remotes and 52" units long before they could get them to market. They would say when it would be released and that date would come and go, then they would give another date, then that date would come and go. I own both Live units and the Ghost, so I have first hand knowledge. Great products and I love them, just not able to follow their own marketing initiatives.

10. Member
    Lowrance's marketing is way ahead of their ability to deliver. For the Live units, they were months late hitting the market. As for the Ghost, they marketed it, transducers, remotes and 52" units long before they could get them to market. They would say when it would be released and that date would come and go, then they would give another date, then that date would come and go. I own both Live units and the Ghost, so I have first hand knowledge. Great products and I love them, just not able to follow their own marketing initiatives.
    Ah ok. Yeah I see what you mean now with regards to the timeline of the Ghost. Didn't realize the Live units were late also...I have one of those, but just bought it this past spring.

11. Member
    What the hell did you just type?
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

12. Member
    . Unfortunately your comments are all bullshit. It was people and people’s speculation on the release dates and not Lowrance marketing. Sure everybody believed those dates but Lowrance marketing had nothing to do with publishing a release date.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    . Unfortunately your comments are all bullshit. It was people and people’s speculation on the release dates and not Lowrance marketing. Sure everybody believed those dates but Lowrance marketing had nothing to do with publishing a release date.
    Having actually spoken directly to Lowrance (both sales and service) during the times of the release, I can tell you it was not a bullshit comment. I run 3 Lowrance graphs, Ghost, and Livesight, so I am a Lowrance fan, but also have no issue with telling like it is either.

14. Banned
    Pretty soon it will no longer be called fishing, this stuff takes a lot of the knowledge out of breaking down water and turns it into a video game. Y'all my as well stay in the house and catch virtual fish as well

This is funny: We're insulting each other over fishing stuff. I would imagine 'ol Garmin has the Live Scope technology pretty well tied up by patents, and until those patents run out, 'ol Lowrance is going to have to either pull some magic out of the air or wait. It does disturb me that companies introduce new technology, but shouldn't, 'cause they don't have it right. Thus the need for repeated updates, returns, and insults on BBC. I had a Green Box back in the day and have HDS's now with in-dash and gimbal flashers, paper graphs, and LCD's in between, so I'm a Lowrance guy to the bone. BUT ... I do have a Live Scope mounted next to my bow HDS and love it! Nuff-said.

16. Member
    Having actually spoken directly to Lowrance (both sales and service) during the times of the release, I can tell you it was not a bullshit comment. I run 3 Lowrance graphs, Ghost, and Livesight, so I am a Lowrance fan, but also have no issue with telling like it is either.
    Completely agree with you and stretch1. I too have 3 Lives and I will top you with two Ghosts. (two boats).
    No major issues after getting the Ghost set up. We all waited and sent money in to be the first with the Ghost.
    The arrival date on the Ghost and it's accessories were delayed and delayed directly from Lowrance. Yes the marketing manager is a genious, just not trustworthy.
    I will continue to support Lowrance products, just wouldn't trust there advertising.
    No bullshit here.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    Completely agree with you and stretch1. I too have 3 Lives and I will top you with two Ghosts. (two boats).
    No major issues after getting the Ghost set up. We all waited and sent money in to be the first with the Ghost.
    The arrival date on the Ghost and it's accessories were delayed and delayed directly from Lowrance. Yes the marketing manager is a genious, just not trustworthy.
    I will continue to support Lowrance products, just wouldn't trust there advertising.
    No bullshit here.
    I take some of that back, I did get my Ghost on time, it was just the advertised functions including the 3-1 transducer that was continued to be put off with a new date arrival date every month. And yes, way before Covid.

I love my Ghost but that said I agree they can be a bit slow in bringing out new products and updates
    Howver in their defense there are a lot of companies that do this
    Just look at MotorGuide

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet1 View Post
    Pretty soon it will no longer be called fishing, this stuff takes a lot of the knowledge out of breaking down water and turns it into a video game. Y'all my as well stay in the house and catch virtual fish as well

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    It will soon be like Nascar, the one with the money wins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast