Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ken Smith Bass Boat Reviews : How About Falcon?

Hey Falcon fans. I've become addicted to the Ken Smith Fishing youtube channel. I'm sure some of you have seen it. He's a texas pro looking for his next boat, and has been using his youtube channel to showcase super thorough boat reviews as he tries to find his latest boat. Falcon seems to be one of the most innovative boat lines to come along in a while, and if you are a Falcon admirer like me, you would love to see him review a Falcon in this format. He typically reviews boats by meeting owners and going out with them. So he would need a falcon owner to reach out. He's specifically interested in 21 footers. If there is anyone here with a 215 or F21, you could have a chance to be Youtube Famous-ish if you reach out to him, plus you'd be getting lots of visibility for the Falcon brand.

Here's his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KenSmithfishing/

His youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/KenSmithFishing/videos

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kensmithfishing2.0/

He splits most reviews into two videos. So far he has reviewed the following:
    - Bass Cat Puma
    - Charger 210 Elite
    - Ranger Z521C
    - Ranger Z520L
    - Caymus CX21
    - Bullet 21 SDC
    - Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    - Vexus VX20

Here's a link to the full playlist of bassboat reviews:

Sorry for possibly costing you all hours of time :-)

I would LOVE to see Falcon reviewed here!! Just sayin'! Somebody reach out and make this happen!!

2. Member
    He mentioned Falcon in one of these segments. I think he will do one - but will need access to one.

Looking forward to seeing it as Falcon is on my list for my new boat.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

3. Member
    In the video he uploaded yesterday he said he would be doing a falcon soon!

4. Member
    Yeah in second video of Vexus he said he was doing a Falcon next I believe. I wonder what model he will do. I would love see him do a Predator but i would think he will try to get a F21 or F21TE he likes (as do I) the biggest boat. I just like a lot the fit and finish features of the Predator more and would love to see his close up look at and review of them.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

I asked Ken in a FB post about a Falcon review. He said he was supposed to one last Sunday but the boat sold on Saturday. He said it was in the works soon though!

6. Member
    Did anyone watch the first 2 of 3 videos he released? He seemed more negative on the boat than I would have thought.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thawk21 View Post
    Did anyone watch the first 2 of 3 videos he released? He seemed more negative on the boat than I would have thought.
    on the lynx? highest rated yet I believe??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    I was talking about his falcon videos

9. Member
    He was a bit negative, but it's just one man's opinion. He's not an accredited outlet or anything. I enjoy his videos but I don't think it's the gospel.

10. Member
    missed them but just found them!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    He was a bit negative, but it's just one man's opinion. He's not an accredited outlet or anything. I enjoy his videos but I don't think it's the gospel.
    Seems his main gripes were:

water entry in cooler and passenger day box
    legroom at console
    passenger grab handle
    back deck getting wet on shutdown
    but he really liked the seats!

12. Member
    He also wasn't a fan of the rod lockers opening the way they do.

13. Member
    Well that's a moot point since an option exists for them to open the standard way if you want.

14. Member
    did he ever total it up? or a 4th video coming?
    MAGA

15. Member

One of my favorite features on my Predator!

16. Member

4th video
    MAGA

17. Member
    I am curious to see what Falcon owners think of this video. Him calling the 2 boats he reviewed "entry level" kind of surprised me. Comparing them to Nitros seemed off to me but I don't own a Falcon.

18. Member
    What do owners think about durability concerns of the hinges for the rod lockers and weight. I really like the feature but I’m concerned about the weight and wear on the hinges.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

19. Member
    The base model 205 and 205TE from 2021 on will have the Predator haul. The base 205 is meant to compete with Nitro on price point. Most of his negatives are features that are not on the Predator. A lot of the things on his negative lists on many brands are ticky tack things that probably don’t matter to most people. I wish he would have rode in some rough water! That is where this boat will be at the top of the list.

He should have reviewed a Predator since it’s a better comparison to price point of the rest of the boats he’s done. The 215 TE is the cheapest on his list.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    The base model 205 and 205TE from 2021 on will have the Predator haul. The base 205 is meant to compete with Nitro on price point. Most of his negatives are features that are not on the Predator. A lot of the things on his negative lists on many brands are ticky tack things that probably don’t matter to most people. I wish he would have rode in some rough water! That is where this boat will be at the top of the list.

He should have reviewed a Predator since it’s a better comparison to price point of the rest of the boats he’s done. The 215 TE is the cheapest on his list.
    Yes it's like using a Skeeter ZX250 instead of the FXR21 when making comparisons and then griping the brand doesn't match up well with other manufacturer's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast