Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It maybe the best riding, built boat in the world but IMHO the way the rod lockers open are a big turn off. Rest of the boats is nice. On a windy day on the water those long lids pickup a lot of wind. Open everything on the front deck and its a sail boat.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

2. Member
    You can order Falcons with traditional opening rod lockers to my knowledge.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpumpkin View Post
    What do owners think about durability concerns of the hinges for the rod lockers and weight. I really like the feature but I’m concerned about the weight and wear on the hinges.
    I have 2 1/2 years on my boat and my hinges are as tight as day one and I love the way they open.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    I have 2 1/2 years on my boat and my hinges are as tight as day one and I love the way they open.
    Thanks. Glad to hear feedback from someone who actually owns one. I getting close to ordering a F20TE.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

5. Member
    The forward hinging rod lockers cause zero issues even on windy days. Plus your boat would have to be set up perfect for it to even come into effect for the wind. Literally keep your rods strapped and open your lockers with zero issues. Most the time for me my rods go on the deck on the opposite side of where my extra rods ill be using are so its empty on that side and dont need to worry about rods on top. The Falcon is by far a superior boat than most on the water right now especially for the price. A phoenix imo is the only boat to compete and to be honest the fit and finish is better on falcon and you can go apples to apples on the boat and save a TON by going with Falcon. Not worth the price diff on going to phoenix.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    The forward hinging rod lockers cause zero issues even on windy days. Plus your boat would have to be set up perfect for it to even come into effect for the wind. Literally keep your rods strapped and open your lockers with zero issues. Most the time for me my rods go on the deck on the opposite side of where my extra rods ill be using are so its empty on that side and dont need to worry about rods on top. The Falcon is by far a superior boat than most on the water right now especially for the price. A phoenix imo is the only boat to compete and to be honest the fit and finish is better on falcon and you can go apples to apples on the boat and save a TON by going with Falcon. Not worth the price diff on going to phoenix.
    This is what I'm hearing for a lot of Falcon owners. I've yet to come across anyone who's disappointed in his decision. There are always a few things which could be better - nothing is perfect. From what I've gathered, the weakest point for a Falcon is the Marine Master trailer (same as as others like Phoenix). I can deal with that.
    Sam

7. Member
    This is what I'm hearing for a lot of Falcon owners. I've yet to come across anyone who's disappointed in his decision. There are always a few things which could be better - nothing is perfect. From what I've gathered, the weakest point for a Falcon is the Marine Master trailer (same as as others like Phoenix). I can deal with that.
    Not sure what you could complain about with Marine Master trailer. I am so happy not to have the Bass Cat trailer where the spindles constantly came loose and those wide fancy tires that ate the inside edges off every 2500 miles and the way it jacked the ass end of my Tundra up every time I hit dip in the road making it the most unpleasant ride ever and no adjustability to cure any of it. The way its always considered "the greatest trailer". Really? Not to mention the adhesive that the fiberglass fenders were glued down with coming loose. The Marine Master I have has 2 1/2 years on it, still has the same tires in great shape and in a size that are relatively cheap to replace and a size that absorbs shock so you dont damage a rim. It travels down the road like its on rails. A single set of disc brakes that work great and when needed, only one set to replace, another money saver. All lights work perfectly. If I had a complaint its the spare tire carrier position that Ive scraped the ramp with on occasion. Some guys dont like a tube trailer but Im sure you could order a C channel. Dont worry about the trailer!!

8. Member
    I am in an entry level boat now but after watching all Ken's videos and not having the time myself to compare all these boats in person, I appreciate what he is doing. Falcon made my short list, but unfortunately may not be my choice. I think my biggest gripe in the 195 is the max 200 rating. I want the biggest motor I can put on a boat in my next one. Second point, no one wants water in their compartments. Does anyone have any experience with that? it rains a lot in NC! Falcons are new still and they are improving and I like that the factory is relatively close to me as well.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    Not sure what you could complain about with Marine Master trailer. I am so happy not to have the Bass Cat trailer where the spindles constantly came loose and those wide fancy tires that ate the inside edges off every 2500 miles and the way it jacked the ass end of my Tundra up every time I hit dip in the road making it the most unpleasant ride ever and no adjustability to cure any of it. The way its always considered "the greatest trailer". Really? Not to mention the adhesive that the fiberglass fenders were glued down with coming loose. The Marine Master I have has 2 1/2 years on it, still has the same tires in great shape and in a size that are relatively cheap to replace and a size that absorbs shock so you dont damage a rim. It travels down the road like its on rails. A single set of disc brakes that work great and when needed, only one set to replace, another money saver. All lights work perfectly. If I had a complaint its the spare tire carrier position that Ive scraped the ramp with on occasion. Some guys dont like a tube trailer but Im sure you could order a C channel. Dont worry about the trailer!!
    Thanks. I’m not worried about the trailer. I have one now. It’s had some issues but still going.
    Sam

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    I am in an entry level boat now but after watching all Ken's videos and not having the time myself to compare all these boats in person, I appreciate what he is doing. Falcon made my short list, but unfortunately may not be my choice. I think my biggest gripe in the 195 is the max 200 rating. I want the biggest motor I can put on a boat in my next one. Second point, no one wants water in their compartments. Does anyone have any experience with that? it rains a lot in NC! Falcons are new still and they are improving and I like that the factory is relatively close to me as well.
    I have a Falcon 195 and I live in Eastern NC. So first of all, I believe Ken was mainly complaining about water in the cooler, and he said water in day box "may" be a problem. He said that warm summer rain would melt the ice quick. I don't really keep my ice in my cooler that often and when I do I haven't done it in warm rain so I can't comment on that.

As far as rod boxes and storage boxes, I have zero problems. You and I know that NC rains a ton. I've towed and fished in rain so hard that my auto bilge pump periodically kicked on because so much water would get in the bilge from the surface drains. Again, zero issues, my compartments would be bone dry. This is because each storage compartment has a raised fiberglass "ridge". Unless you really really try, you're not gonna get water in there. The bilge lids don't have that raised lip because it's kind of pointless to try and protect the bilge. All boats drain water to the bilge (either from drains in the deck or in the compartments). Plus if you get swamped, you'll likely get water through any rigging holes as well. The day box actually is a plastic insert. In my experience, any water just goes under the plastic insert and everything in the box is pretty dry.

That leads me to my next point. I believe all Falcon boats utilize drainage plumbing. Lots of other boats just drain water into the hull and let it run down to the bilge. I believe Falcon actually uses drainage hoses, ensuring the inner subfloor is dry. I think that's great design. I took a peak in my rod box and confirmed the presence of a hose that ran from a drainage hole on one of the "channels" between the compartments. I didn't check all the other compartments, but that was a good sign.

Finally, regarding your apprehension about a 200 max hp, you're not the first to complain about that. However, people are getting speeds of 70+ with a Merc V8 or a SHO. That's already very fast for a 19 footer, so really the question you're asking yourself is do you really want to go faster? A 75+ mph ride on a 19 footer....you really better know what you're doing.

11. Member
    He seemed very negative especially with the rod lockers which in my honest opinion they are the best on the market

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Yes it's like using a Skeeter ZX250 instead of the FXR21 when making comparisons and then griping the brand doesn't match up well with other manufacturer's.
    I agree. Running an "old" model wasn't the best matchup. The F20s and Predator hulls are the same for 2021. Not sure if there was a change for the 21. He wants a 21 ft.

He did pick a few ticky-tack things (the placement of the co angler handle and his harping on the cooler.) He is really focused on the latter - maybe he had issues with his past boats. His comment about feedback from fiberglass shops seemed a little dubious. One shop and one guy's opinion carries that much weight? Falcon is run by guys who know fiberglass better than most. I tossed that comment completely aside.

While no one can actually know what's in head, I think he has a bit of unconscious prestige factor - he's going land on a high dollar Basscat, Ballistic, etc. He's Ranger guy - brands carry a lot of weight for him.

After watching his review of Falcon, it actually helped solidify my decision to buy one!
    Sam

13. Member
    I agree. Running an "old" model wasn't the best matchup. The F20s and Predator hulls are the same for 2021. Not sure if there was a change for the 21. He wants a 21 ft.

He did pick a few ticky-tack things (the placement of the co angler handle and his harping on the cooler.) He is really focused on the latter - maybe he had issues with his past boats. His comment about feedback from fiberglass shops seemed a little dubious. One shop and one guy's opinion carries that much weight? Falcon is run by guys who know fiberglass better than most. I tossed that comment completely aside.

While no one can actually know what's in head, I think he has a bit of unconscious prestige factor - he's going land on a high dollar Basscat, Ballistic, etc. He's Ranger guy - brands carry a lot of weight for him.

After watching his review of Falcon, it actually helped solidify my decision to buy one!
    That's a great point. I think he does have a bias towards high dollar boats and he nitpicks them less than the cheaper ones. Not really a fair playing field but hey, it's just one man's opinion.

I also never heard of any Falcon owner complain about the fiberglass, I feel like that was sort of a disingenuous statement from him. At least back it up with something instead of hearsay.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    That's a great point. I think he does have a bias towards high dollar boats and he nitpicks them less than the cheaper ones. Not really a fair playing field but hey, it's just one man's opinion.

I also never heard of any Falcon owner complain about the fiberglass, I feel like that was sort of a disingenuous statement from him. At least back it up with something instead of hearsay.
    I wasnt impressed with ANY of his videos. Buy what you like, im a proud FALCON predator owner and completely satisified.

15. Member
    I know there has not been any discussion lately but I did go and watch some videos. I am new to this process and still waiting to hear what the start date is on my new F195. Reviewing his videos along with others, especially ones from people who actually own Falcons, I am very comfortable with my decision. I just wish they were less people buying falcon so I can get mine a little sooner LOL
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Seems his main gripes were:

water entry in cooler and passenger day box
    legroom at console
    passenger grab handle
    back deck getting wet on shutdown
    but he really liked the seats!
    He also was not reviewing a current model year boat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12