Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Makita and Milwaukee in my shop.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

2. Member
    I love these “bang for the buck” responses of premium brands. Milwaukee, RIDGID, and Dewalt make great products, for sure. But they are pro level tools at premium prices.

Ryobi makes a pretty decent product and an insane selection of bare tools that fit the same batteries. I’d be looking hard at those, comparing price and tool availability with the Kobalt stuff
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PII Magnum View Post
    What is the best bang for the buck on cordless power tools? I found a good deal on some Ryobi stuff. Also found a good deal on porter cable stuff. What are some to stay away from?

Probably the same set you’re looking at but I just picked up this 6 tool set for $199. I haven’t done anything but unpack it yet; but it’s a heck of a price. The 4ah battery it comes with sells for $99 on its own.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18...1819/309659455

They’re also having some sales on ryobi drill bit sets. I got a 60-piece set for $12.

4. Member
    Home Depot is running a crazy deal at the moment. 6 brushless tools Including hammer drill, grinders impact driver, impact wrench, multi tool and 7 1/2 circular saw and (not a flashlight), tough system case, 2 four amp hour batteries all for $499.

Normally about 1200 in tools. Amazing deal.

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

6. Member
    Milwaukee 12 & 18 volt stuff works great for me. Have some of the older 28 volt stuff and still use that too.

7. Member
    Milwaukee or Dewalt.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Makita for me... All 18V... I think they offer the best battery on the market.
    Same.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

9. Member
    Mikita

Been very satisfied with my Ridgid, and life time warranty to include batteries. Mostly home use, and a lot of DIY projects, decks, bridges, cabins, picnic pavilion. Has held up well.

11. Member
    Coming from a pro viewpoint, where a wide variety of tools is essential - for the money, Ryobi. For the long run Milwaukee (and I'm a Makita fanboy).

Bang for the buck...Ryobi

I have a ton of Ryobi stuff and am very happy with it. You can find the bigger batteries on sale a lot of times, too. Especially with the Holidays coming up.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

Homeowners—- Ryobi

Milwaukee, Makita, for every day use

15. Member
    Ryobi 18v

I have used everything from compound miter saws, hammer drills, all their hand saws, lights and radios since they came out, and still using them. They have been well used for more than just a home owner tool, used them in my carpentry business. When the new Lithium battery came out I just upgraded to the them with the new chargers, with so many swapable tools you can't go wrong - for the PRICE
    Last edited by Crappie Bob; 10-29-2020 at 06:05 AM.

16. Member

I have nothing but but Dewalt in my shop. If you watch sales and such you a lot of times can get Dewalt and Milwakee for close to the same money as Royobi, Craftsman etc and you end up with better performing tools and a much wider selection of available tools to choose from that will run off the same battery platform.

17. Member
    I have the Black and Decker Ranger with the shotgun shell batteries, 7V... hmmm might be time to upgrade?

18. Member
    I have switched to Milwaukee, however I use to use Ridgid. I have always been happy with those products and the lifetime battery replacement was a huge perk. I would say ridgid over ryobi for DIY stuff.

19. Member
    I'm a Milwaukee guy, but if we are talking best bang for your buck and the tools are primarily for home use/DIY my vote goes to Ryobi. My dad has their stuff and it's been great...

I've also heard good things about Ridgid, mainly their lifetime battery warranty claim, but I've also heard that it's not as simple as you might think. A lot of asterisks and a long wait to actually receive a new battery. Has anyone with Ridgid ever used the battery replacement?

Porter Cable set has served me nice for several years of home use without problems, other than their cheap tool bags. Generic batteries are readily available on ebay for $25.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast