Thread: Chickamauga

Chickamauga

Hi, guys I am thinking about going down there first week of December. Will the lake be any good that time of year? Will there be any grass left.

2. Member
    Ask this again in a two or three weeks and the reports will be more accurate.
    Hurricane Zeta is about to drop significant amounts of water into the Tennessee River watershed which will accelerate TVA spilling to get down to winter pool.
    More spilling means more current and less grass as it begins to die back for the season.

3. Member
    My 2 best bass on the tennessee River came in December. Always a good month to fish.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

4. Member
    Thanks guys just trying to get some info we’re going to stay @ blue water RV park. what would be some areas to check out?
    Last edited by Jwnooch; 10-28-2020 at 06:16 PM.

5. Member
    We'll be there this weekend (Fri-Mon) I'll give you a report when we get back.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

6. Member
    We’ll guys how is the chick fishing?

7. Member
    I fished last weekend and it was slow. What fish I did catch were scattered and I could not
    put together a pattern to save my life. The only reason I picked this time of year to fish
    Chick was hoping to get into a good frog bite. What other anglers I talked to were all
    struggling. I fished north of hwy 60.
    I hope you have better luck than i did.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

8. Member
    Hey, guys how the water level on chick. Still planning on week after thanksgiving so any info would be appreciated.

9. Member
    Step over to https://www.tva.com/environment/lake-levels. They also have a phone app, I believe.

10. Member
    We fished the USA Bassin Ranger Classic last week. We didn't find any one thing real strong, but we put a few things together to finish 7th with 24 pounds. A little frog fishing, a little jigs on bluffs, and then a little crankbait fishing in the Hiwassee did the trick for us. The winners claimed that they milked one mat for 2 days....about the size of a mobile home... for 2 days... 15-20 blowups a day... for a total of 31 pounds. I also heard of buzzbaits and swimbaits in and around the mats. We did find that a lot of mats were already breaking up. Good luck.

11. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully weather cooperates also