Thru-Hull Transducer on 21' XRD

Am replacing my old (10 years old) Lowrance HDS depth finder with a new Lowrance "Elite Ti 2" unit. I'm not sure which transducer to order. All I want is (a) downscan & (b) water temp for 99% of my fishing (shallow water in south Louisiana). But hopefully I 'd have the enhanced and (c) hopefully

I spoke with the factory service tech, and was told that I because I plan to install it to shoot through the hull, I shouldn't get the "CHIRP/Broadband" x-ducer because I would lose too much sensitivity. He recommended the "HDS" x-ducer - said I would still lose clarity of images, but would be "wasting money" on the CHIRP/Broadband x-ducer.

All these choices are confusing my redneck brain. (one of the you.tube "experts" dais the HDS would process CHIRP signals if the depth finder was able to do so (I'm told the Elite Ti-2 is compatible with the CHIRP transducers.)

I'm not sure the Lowrance tech rep understands that the Bullet thru-hull "well" is specifically constructed to provide the least resistance to the sonar signal (and presumably provides better images than other makes of boat).

Has anyone mounted one of these transducers thru-hull, and able to tell me which might be better ?

Thanks.

ETA: I started to post this on the Lowrance forum, but thought the fact that I have a Bullet might be pertinent.
    Last edited by egammon; 10-27-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Not sure what you need to do but here’s what I have and it works perfectly for me. I have 9” Carbons. I run a puck ducer in the hull for 2D and a 3 and 1 ducer on the bottom plate of my jackplate. Temp sensor is in the jackplate.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. BBC SPONSOR
    You will need a 2 n 1 transducer and a puck for in hull, and the adapter cable to hook both together then to your unit.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN