Smart home anyone?

I've got all my lighting, stereo, garage doors and door locks on my Wifi. Alexa controls the whole house. I think I have 9 alexa devices now. My WiFi has 84 items connected. Even the washing machine is on the network! Anybody else doing it?

2. Tony C
    I do. I call it my wife!
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

3. Member
    I can barely use my smart phone. Plus, I don't trust alexa, I think see's russian! LOL
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

4. Banned
    voluntarily bug your own house for Amazon or anyone else with the right scanner and give access to any semi literate 8th grader. Those items arnt secure at all. Easy to hack the appliances then back up the chain.
    Read some hilarious articles and videos about "Smart" coffee makers and other appliances. How easy they were to hack remotely and how to get them to do crazy things. I am sure could easily unlock your doors as well.

Ain't put'n any of that crazy chit in my house. Hell, I am prone to put black tape over the camera on my computer.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    voluntarily bug your own house for Amazon or anyone else with the right scanner and give access to any semi literate 8th grader. Those items arnt secure at all. Easy to hack the appliances then back up the chain.
    Read some hilarious articles and videos about "Smart" coffee makers and other appliances. How easy they were to hack remotely and how to get them to do crazy things. I am sure could easily unlock your doors as well.
    You just have to do your homework. You can create a secure Smart Home. Here is a good article by PCMag. https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-...e-from-hackers
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

7. Member
    Nope, not me. I don't have and won't have any controls like that.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

I have a couple of light bulbs and my TV connected to my WiFi, and if I can ever find time to get them installed I will also have both of my garage door openers connected. Next on the list I want to get a Ring system for the front door and a new door handle/lock that uses a punch code and connects to WiFi. That's about as far as I will go, I don't need to have my appliances connected... I just don't see a use for that.

9. Member
    Just did all of the Christmas lights. This year we used smart plugs. 4 indoor. Two outdoor. All connected through Smart Home. Have it set up where one touch turns them all on, or all off. Can also control them individually.

10. Member
    Just a couple of bulbs. My wife said it’d be okay cause nobody cared about what we said. I laughed, she laughed...Alexa laughed.