Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool A few pics of the the Sea Dek progress

5AD42A7E-18B9-4188-956F-8A8785A76220.jpeg4F42319F-C53F-4482-ABDF-B58943B9C50A.jpeg909179EA-42F7-4C53-BF09-51E9947D0683.jpeg

Sorry for the orientation.. project is going well. Slight coloration issue but ,not install related( tried reversing sheets but to no avail .Kinda like surgery I guess .. it is possible to wrap them but I wouldn’t suggest it unless you have a lot of knifing experience..
    Thanks Brad Whittaker for walking me through posting pics

2. Member
    67981B92-E4A2-4C08-AFEC-78B33AE2A55F.jpeg Thanks Rojoguio for the tips. I was very strategic about where to precut the paper and when to remove it. Great advice.. looking forward to finishing it

3. Member
    Looks good from the pictures. Some of your PM comments would benefit future installers, the sample testing, decisions concerning stiffened vertical seams, etc. You should copy that stuff to this post, you have some good thinking going on there. A man who can visualize a job, the good and bad choices, with the results, has a trained mind. Your notes to me on how your thinking it through first is good operational procedure and worthy of noting in this thread.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rojoguio View Post
    Looks good from the pictures. Some of your PM comments would benefit future installers, the sample testing, decisions concerning stiffened vertical seams, etc. You should copy that stuff to this post, you have some good thinking going on there. A man who can visualize a job, the good and bad choices, with the results, has a trained mind. Your notes to me on how your thinking it through first is good operational procedure and worthy of noting in this thread.

Will do sir, and many thanks again for the advice.

You are welcome bud. The job is looking real good!

That’s very neat lookin !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    That’s very neat lookin !!
    Thanks crank.. it’s not the typical lazer cut install from a template,and no insets, but it’s still kinda one off. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve to finish it off. Been running by my buddies place and working a couple hours every evening after work. So it’s going kinda slow. Fortunately the house I’m remodeling is just a few minutes away..Got the rear main deck lid done this evening. Hope to get the dry storage lids tomorrow. I’ll add more pics as it progresses further. ..

8. Member
    WOW! Very nice sir! I just read this thread and the other one, before you started, some very useful information!
    I'm wanting to add one of these products this winter as well.

9. Member
    Results look great. I see in pictures your surface prep work is clean and will adhere nicely.

10. Moderator
    Looking good

11. Member
    Very nice job, I have something similar that I ordered with my ranger boat and I love it.

12. Member
    Thanks guys. I will go into more dertail about some of the techniques I used when the project is complete. Some do’s and donts that I ran across during the process and soo on. And as for material. It takes 6 40”x80” sheets to fully wrap the doors and do the helm floor and all decks..5 sheets will do it without wrapping the lids. .. on a 21XD.

Interested in how everything turns out.....I’m looking at adding a flooring product to my business...?
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    6DE8D75E-D8F8-4F62-AE0F-3675970EB277.jpegRear deck completed... on hold for 1 more sheet. Originally figured 5 not wrapping the doors. Still lack 1 rod locker , the cooler lid , and some embellishments..

15. Member
    Interested in how everything turns out.....I’m looking at adding a flooring product to my business...?
    I checked out that aqua traction that was mentioned in your sea dek thread on the bullet page. It looks pretty nice. I was a little more impressed with there custom design work than what I have saw done in sea deck. I may try it in my boat to get an apppes to apples comparison. Probably still hand cut it depending on the CBC/design cost ( if it is available in bulk sheeting that is) if you get some I’d like to know how you like it as well. Thanks

16. Member
    That looks really good.

17. Banned
    Nice but black? That's going to be hot!

Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    I checked out that aqua traction that was mentioned in your sea dek thread on the bullet page. It looks pretty nice. I was a little more impressed with there custom design work than what I have saw done in sea deck. I may try it in my boat to get an apppes to apples comparison. Probably still hand cut it depending on the CBC/design cost ( if it is available in bulk sheeting that is) if you get some I’d like to know how you like it as well. Thanks
    10-4
    www.ncboatguy.com

10-4
    Ted, let me know when and if you want to do some, I'm thinking about having the floor in front of the seats done on my boat!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast