Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Very sharp rig. You will love that boat.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

2. Member
    I would serioulsy consider trading my Cougar for a Caracal if the right situation came up. They look like awesome boats, I like the wide deck and setup. Seems like a perfect cross between my old ranger and my cougar.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

3. Member

4. Member
    Awesome rig!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemoodie View Post
    I would serioulsy consider trading my Cougar for a Caracal if the right situation came up. They look like awesome boats, I like the wide deck and setup. Seems like a perfect cross between my old ranger and my cougar.
    I traded my '09 CougarFTD for my Caracal. Not sorry I did that at all. Don't get me wrong, I loved that Cougar...it was my second one. I have always had balance issues, even when I was young. Now...at my age, it isn't any better. I have to use the butt seat so in my Cougar, there just wasn't much room for me to move around up front. That is why I made the trade. Love the Caracal, probably for me, the best rig other than a Jag or a Lynx. But, there is no way I could afford either one of those rigs.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Thanks for the insights guys! I pulled the trigger this morning and am picking it up from Mark Miller Marine on Tuesday. They gave me a good trade-in price on my Sabre so it will be for sale from them soon. I have always had Red/Gray boats and this one is no exception...

https://www.markmillermarine.com/inv...2141-10733498i

Attachment 428283
    Congrats. I'm sure those Sabres sell pretty well too. I'm looking at my next ride and like the 225HP class boats out there. Caracal looks like it fishes nice too. Sort of sits flat in the water up front when on the TM.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    I traded my '09 CougarFTD for my Caracal. Not sorry I did that at all. Don't get me wrong, I loved that Cougar...it was my second one. I have always had balance issues, even when I was young. Now...at my age, it isn't any better. I have to use the butt seat so in my Cougar, there just wasn't much room for me to move around up front. That is why I made the trade. Love the Caracal, probably for me, the best rig other than a Jag or a Lynx. But, there is no way I could afford either one of those rigs.
    I will have to explore that option. I would think I could get pretty close to even or just a little price difference on a Caracal that is close to my Cougar in age!
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

Congratulations on the new ride. You’ll love it.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Member
    That black fox is a awesome color. Seen thst color at the boat show a couple yrs back. Under the lights my wife was mesmerized. May be my area but just dont see that color often. Its very sharp
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Cant speak to the new 4 stroke but my 2 stroke 2018 Caracal is a faster version of my P4. It rides like it is on rails especially when I have a co angler in the boat. Not recommending but you can take your hands off the wheel at 70 mph. Rough water ride had been very good. Deck room is amazing. If setup right you can get a 2-3 second holeshot.

Congrats I am sure you are going to love it

11. Member
    Really nice boat. If I ever decide to get rid of my P4, A Caracal will be my next boat.

12. Member
    Great looking Caracal 06!! You will like it.

13. Scraps
    About to pull the trigger on a Caracal. I currently run a Sabre but have had a 2010 PII and a 2016 Cougar. I like my Sabre a lot but the geometry of my gut, legs, hotfoot is not all that comfortable. I was fine in the other two BCBs.

It has the dual rear tanks. Will the ride be similar to the Cougar or more like the PII?
    Go for it. I have really liked what I've seen of the Caracal. Seems pretty nimble for a 225HP boat.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Really like the colors on your new cat!!!!1

15. Member
    Beautiful Cat.... Congrats
    Brad Krone

16. Member
    Sweet looking ride................
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

17. Member
    Beautiful boat! Congrats!
    BCB Eyra 2017
    GMC Sierra 2018

I have had 3 days and 9 hours in my new Caracal and still very pleased that I chose this model. I was considering going back to a PII or Cougar. The Caracal drives and rides more like the PII. The Cougar rides better at 70mph than the PII or Caracal at the same speed, but that makes sense in my head anyway. The Cougar is just cruising while the other two are close being aired out. While fishing, the Caracal outshines them all. I love the lay out, deck width and stability of it. I had a tournament on Lake Lanier on Saturday and some of the big cruisers were out. The Caracal handled their wakes easily.

The only hiccup was that I got an over heat alarm the first time out. When I got it home, I dropped the LU to check the water pump. It had a torn gasket. Luckily, I had a spare and swapped it out and was back on the water 30 minutes later.

One very small criticism on the lay out. The compartment lid behind the driver is a bit long and the rear seat must be positioned a certain way to get it open.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

19. Member
    I have had 3 days and 9 hours in my new Caracal and still very pleased that I chose this model. I was considering going back to a PII or Cougar. The Caracal drives and rides more like the PII. The Cougar rides better at 70mph than the PII or Caracal at the same speed, but that makes sense in my head anyway. The Cougar is just cruising while the other two are close being aired out. While fishing, the Caracal outshines them all. I love the lay out, deck width and stability of it. I had a tournament on Lake Lanier on Saturday and some of the big cruisers were out. The Caracal handled their wakes easily.
    The only hiccup was that I got an over heat alarm the first time out. When I got it home, I dropped the LU to check the water pump. It had a torn gasket. Luckily, I had a spare and swapped it out and was back on the water 30 minutes later.
    One very small criticism on the lay out. The compartment lid behind the driver is a bit long and the rear seat must be positioned a certain way to get itopen.
    Nice report. Wondering if you purchased a service manual for your Mercury? Was the WP repair a difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Nice report. Wondering if you purchased a service manual for your Mercury? Was the WP repair a difficult?
    I have not purchased a manual yet but I always do. Dropping the LU was much easier than past TM2s.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12