Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My father's garage had ceiling lights with white filters. Also has lights on the walls about a foot off the ground. All 4 ft fluorescents. Was greAt when rebuilding my first car. So many options now. If I had a newer garage, I'd figure out something for the floor. We are talking about building a mini house now, all I can think about is the mega garage I want next to it. Or house on garage.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    I put diamond plate 48" fixtures in mine with LED bulbs to replace the florescent... IMO LED sucks,,, yeh looks super bright at first, but the claim they last longer than fluorescent is BS,,
    Well they do make light longer,,, but in actual use,, they are never as bright as day 1, they continually get dimmer and dimmer over time. Mine are in about 5 years , and just like ones at work in the engine rooms, after about 5-6 years the place looks like a dungeon. It is so gradual you dont notice it, till you go buy some new bulbs.
    electrician here. While leds do have some fading, it’s generally nowhere near as bad as fluorescents. Plus you have way less power draw. Can wire up a huge run of lamps on a single circuit.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    I got a buch of Feit lights at Costco - all LED, VERY low power pull and super bright..

It's these : (note it's a 2 pack)

https://www.costco.com/feit-electric...100462723.html
    Have four of these in my garage along with two standard fluorescent features that were already there. They are BRIGHT and havent faded any noticeable amount in the two years I've had them. Excellent lights for the price.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

5. Moderator
    Gotta get new glasses, thought it said shop lifting

6. Member
    My garage is only 20X30 I have 9 8' fluorescent fixtures in it. Plus the original 3 4' fixtures. Still use a 2' shop light under hood of a vehicle. Slowly replacing them with LEDs. If I'm doing bodywork I have a roll around stand that has multiple lights on it from a 4' fixture to several spots including two that will light a piece of paper on fire. It's a left over from when I did paint and body work.
    If I was starting from new. I'd line each rafter with LED fixtures including some down each side wall. Then add a dimmer for wjen I didn't need as much light.

7. Member
    I put one of these in the utility room to replace a light bulb and they work great. I will be changing out all the 4ft. shop lights with these.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8. Member
    I have a 30x38 with 10' ceilings. For years I used the 4' double florence lights that plug into an outlet. Constantly had bulbs go out, bulbs get dim and so on. I finally decided to buy let's and they have been so much better. They were $50 a piece and I have 3 or 4 in each bay plus one over my work table. Its been almost 5 years and I haven't had a single issue with them. They were a bit of a pain to wire up though. Actually it was getting the cover back on after wiring them up that was a pain.

9. Member
    Try RABB,union American made,have consultants you can talk to.Used some of their heydays,pretty nice!

10. Member
    We have a 60x40x16 shop with 16 of the hyper light leds lights in it talk about bright https://hi-hyperlite.com/

11. Member
    Thank you guys for all the suggestions. A member here actually emailed me a custom calculation built for my needs and with light selections. Thank you!
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

12. Member
    I installed LED lights off eBay on my covered boat parking. Those things will light up the whole yard! They come with twin bulbs and can be wired light to light with simple cords provided. Best money I have spent

Here is the lighting in mine there are two switches and 4 8 foot fixtures in each row. Every other light is on the opposite switch. I don't believe in too much light. I will see if I can find the calculator I used.

25x34 is the shop size

2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

14. Member
    Corn cob led bulbs ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12