Hook 4x vs HDS 5 and Hook 9 GPS

I just purchased a 2016 Tracker 175 TXW that has only been in the water once. The owner had health issues right after he purchased the boat and it has sat in the garage since he bought it in 2/2017. It has the factory installed Hook 4x at the console. My current boat has a Hook 9 gps on the console and a HDS 5 on the bow.

I plan to put the Hook 9 on the console. I’m assuming the transducer is different for the Hook 9 and the Hook 4x? I was wondering if I could use the existing transducer or if I would need to install the one from my old boat. If so do you know if the mounting holes are the same?

I haven’t had a chance to have the Hook 4x on the water yet. So I was wondering what the difference between the HDS 5 and Hook 4x are. I planned to move one of them to the bow on the trolling motor. Which would you recommend? I plan to put the one not in use on the console of my old boat to sell it. Are the transducers for the HDS 5 and Hook 4x different? The transducer in the HDS 5 broke on a rock last time I was out but I think I can expoxy it back together.

Any thoughts or insights on my best way to go would be appreciated.

This Transducer compatibility spreadsheet produced for us by Team Colibra only list Hook2’s and I don’t know if the connector’s are the same. Hopefully you can figure it out from this.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

If the transducers are compatible I would put the Hook9 on the console just as a convenience. However, if you have to change out the transducer anyway, I would put the HDS5 on console and the Hook9 on the bow. Reason being, the Hook9 has chirp which gives better target separation and will be better for offshore fish identification.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Hook has the blue plug (7-pin) from 4 through 9, same as on HDS Gen 1/2. So yes, your 2D-transducers are interchangable. You probably have a HDI-transdcuer for the Hook 4 and 9, if you use that on the HDS you will only get 2D (not downscan) but it still fits in the connector.