Thread: Daiwa

Daiwa

How does a Steez ags mh compare to a G Loomis glx 843 c or an nrx 853 ?

If you're talking about the Steez AGS 71MHXF, its closer in action to the XF NRX, but not as fast in action. The Steez, like the NRX is designed primarily for bottom contact presentations whereas the 843 is an "all purpose" rod. I prefer the build quality, attention to detail, aesthetics, balance, and sensitivity of the Steez but all three are very, very nice rods.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    If you're talking about the Steez AGS 71MHXF, its closer in action to the XF NRX, but not as fast in action. The Steez, like the NRX is designed primarily for bottom contact presentations whereas the 843 is an "all purpose" rod. I prefer the build quality, attention to detail, aesthetics, balance, and sensitivity of the Steez but all three are very, very nice rods.
    ^^This^^

I owned the Steez AGS 71MHXF and it's a fantastic rod. It performed closer to a typical fast action even though it's listed as extra-fast. Excellent for pitching and any bottom contact presentations. I also have owned a GLX 844C and it had a much softer tip. It was a great all-around rod, but the tip (for me) was too soft for accurate pitching of soft plastics. I felt I could fish a wide variety of baits on the GLX and felt more limited on the Steez. That can be a good or a bad thing, depending on what you're looking for in a particular rod.