Youth and deer tagging regs

I know this is a fishing forum but anybody know what the rules are for kids who don’t need a license tagging deer. I don’t mine using my tags but I don’t think that Is how I’m supposed to do it, especially if I take them youth hunting on a wma. Last thing I want is to have green jeans bust us because we didn’t follow the rules and take my kids deer. I can’t find anything about it on the website

2. Member
    If they’re under age they must have a hunter safety course completed and bring their social security card to store they will give them their tags. My grandson just got his.

3. Member
    10-4 they haven’t taken the course yet because they say it won’t count till they are 10 or 12 To activate the lifetime license. I’ll check it out. Thanks

4. Member
    My wife said that they don’t have to have the hunter safety course to get the tags they’re not supposed to hunt without a licensed hunter until they have completed the course.

5. Member
    Don't need a safety course unless hunting alone. Can hunt without one with an older hunter(not sure of age)that has a license. Tags,,they need to go to a place that sells a hunting license with their SS# and they will print them a set of tags just like you have to do if you have a lifetime license. You are correct about the website not being clear at all.

6. Member
    10-4 thank y’all. They won’t hunt with out me and they will be excited to have “their own tags” hopefully they get to use one!! Wish the website had a little more info on all this...I do like the longer youth season and veteran hunt this year... love to see special things for our vets and kids... happy hunting.