Phoenix 920 Pro Xp or 920 Elite

I am looking at the 920 Pro XP and while looking was shown the 920 elite, i know the difference (slam latches ,deck lay out, Same hull) i am struggling making the decision.. anyone know any other differences? I thought about the 721 but coming from a 919 i like the wider deck..........to many decisions
    Mike Miller
    lumber31@aol.com

2. Member
    Go to the 2020 Phoenix brochure on the stickies. There are several more features that come standard on the Elite boat and the price difference is not that great.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

3. Member
    The wider deck and the lower gunnels made the 920 elite a simple choice for me but that's just personal preference

4. Member
    I really like the single tackle compartment and the day box. It suits me better than the Pro Xp.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite
    Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jotahech371 View Post
    I really like the single tackle compartment and the day box. It suits me better than the Pro Xp.
    See, it's all personal preference as those are the exact two reasons I do not like it. Different strokes. To the OP, best case scenario you spend time in each OTW and see what suits you best.
    2014 920/SHO

6. Member
    I prefer to have 2 full size rod boxes myself. I can separate my rods easier, but I carry a lot of rods. Single hook rods on the left and trebles on the right. I took the tubes out and use rod socks. I think there is 17 on the left and 16 on the right.

7. Member
    Ran 3 ProXps, went to Elite this year. ProXp actually has more storage. The big center storage box on the Elite does not go as far forward as the split boxes on the ProXp. Also the full size starboard rod box on the ProXp holds more than the Elite since they incorporated the day box. Also, with the same hulls you would think performance wise they are the same but there is some differences. Overall both great boats, after running both I am leaning towards going back to ProXp on my next boat.

I am able to store rods up to 7'8" in the starboard side no problem. That is in an Elite with the shorter box and day box.