2019 520C Master power switch

I get nothing when the switch is in the on position. If I turn it to BATT 2 everything works just fine. What is the difference between "all on" and "BATT 2"? This issue just popped up. Assuming I need a new master power switch?

2. Member
    Or the main battery is dead.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    Or the main battery is dead.
    I agree. Sounds like main battery dead.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Yep...check the main battery first..connections..voltage...everything.

5. Member
    It was the cranking battery that is dead. I had been out on the water one other time since the issue. I had not changed out the cranking battery and went out today. The boat started fine and I ran a short ways to fish. After fishing for about an hour I went run to another spot and couldn't get it to start or or even trim up. Now one of the trolling batteries (battery two on the charging system) only reads 6 volts? Could switching to BATT 2 on the master switch have damaged the battery or is this just a coincidence?

Maybe if switch was in jump position dead cranking battery could have sucked the life out of the trolling battery especially if main battery is shorted
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

7. Member
    The jump switch doesn’t connect the battery’s it just sends power from the one selected directly to the motor. I would start looking into your on board charger.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    The jump switch doesn’t connect the battery’s it just sends power from the one selected directly to the motor. I would start looking into your on board charger.
    Good to know. I though one way was just battery 2, and when set on jump the switch connected battery 2 to the main battery to act like built in jumper cables.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    It very well could be the charger. It is the second charger in this boat in 1 1/2 years. I lost one bank on the original charger and the dealer replaced it under warranty. After looking into this further the inline fuse to the #2 battery was broken and there is clearly damage to the wire/holder due to heat.

10. Member
    I’ve been seeing a lot of the online fuses blown this year. Maybe it’s due to boats getting used more this year with folks off work. I seen one that the fuse didn’t blow and the wires melted. Guy was lucky his garage didn’t burn down. He keeps his bost plugged in at all times.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time