Southco & or Marine Town Latches

Anyone know if Vexus is offering or will put in Southco & or Marine Town Latches instead of Perko’s? It just seems that they are a superior product and when spending a 100g’s for your dream boat one would want the best.

2. Member
    WHat makes them the best?

3. Member
    Marine town is the better product IMO.
    The shaft is 1/2 inch and very strong. Less prone to flex and bending.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    I can imagine that if you ordered a boat and told them you want a certain latch, they would make every effort to accommodate your request. Vexus would be the people to talk to about any special items you would want on your Vexus order.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

All you can do is ask. You can do it yourself too.

I upgraded the latches myself on a different brand boat. They were a pretty easy deal it just took a little time to adjust them. I went with Southco due to the larger "hole" to put your fingers in to operate the latch. The Southco latches also have the key under the latch lever. I prefer that but some may not. My Southco latches have been perfectly waterproof. I believe the Marine Town are as well. In either case, you cannot go wrong and it is an nice upgrade.

If Vexus will not do it, the Basscat Store usually runs a 20% off and free shipping around the holidays.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s