Thread: Hunting boot?

Hunting boot?

Needing a new set of boots and looking at the Muck insulated rubber boot. What else should I be looking at or not looking at; and what amount of insulation amount? Thanks in advance.

2. Moderator
    I ended up with a pair of Lacrosse over mucks. They were significantly lighter and more comfortable. They are technically not insulated but keep my feet warm down into the 40’s easily. If you are hunting really cold weather then I would look at the heavily insulated ones.

Lacrosse for me.

I bought a pair of Muck Woody Max boots about 14 years ago and I am still wearing them. They don't look at pretty anymore, but they are still waterproof and still very comfortable to wear. A couple years ago I thought they were leaking really bad because my socks were soaking wet when I took them off, it ended up that my feet were just sweating that much.

5. Member
    Never used Muck but I like the Lacrosse Alpha Burly line myself. Very comfortable.

6. Member
    Danner boots are what I prefer.

7. Member
    Without knowing the type of hunting and terrain, I wouldn't dare make a recommendation. I wear LL Bean hunting boots (both insulated and non) approx. 70% of the time. Lightweight, comfortable, and very hard to beat for stalking and still hunting. But they aren't the warmest and aren't a very good choice for out west. If it's medium cold, lot of snow on the ground, or I'm hunting swampy stuff I go with Mucks. Serious cold hunting in a stand or blind and I go with a felt-lined boot.

8. Member
    I blind or stand hunt for hours at a time. Looking for warmth and comfort. Thanks

9. Banned
    Muck has been associated with PETA if it matters or you are a hunter.