Bad/Good weekend at Rayburn

Had some issues with the boat this weekend, lost all power to the control panel switch so we had no depthfinders, livewells etc so we had to fish old school..My buddy managed to find a nice 7 pounder while we fished blind. Caught some other decent fish as well..Was actually fun fishing without all the electronics for once.

122855828_10221013657828806_501035294062083351_o.jpg
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Done that a few times. Hopefully it's just a blown fuse, loose wire or something simple.

3. Member
    I cant find anything wrong....I have 12.8v coming across the circuit breaker on the battery, and replaced the power on switch on the panel and still have nothing. Im just going to bring it to the dealership this weekend let the find whats wrong.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Check any nylon pin connectors. Had a connector come loose on me one time. that was hard to find.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Find the ground wire and check it.

6. Member
    I dropped it off at the dealership to let them find the issue. I just had it there a few days before having a new jack plate gauge set up installed since the original one stopped working a few months back. They may have bumped a connection loose somewhere behind the control panel etc when they wired the JP Gauge to the key switch. If it was something they did, I know they will take care of it for me, and if not I know they can find it much easier than me. After 5 back surgeries and a spinal stimulator in my back, I just cant lean over and trace wires like I used to be able to do.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    Dealership called and said when they installed my new JP gauge, the main power wire going into the fuse box was not put back on good and that was the issue. They owned up to it and have my boat ready to be picked up, love my dealership!
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

8. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Always a good answer when it was a Whoops!
    Glad it was a simple fix for you

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Dealership called and said when they installed my new JP gauge, the main power wire going into the fuse box was not put back on good and that was the issue. They owned up to it and have my boat ready to be picked up, love my dealership!
    I live not far from Lumberton, what dealership? I might need them one day!

11. Member
    Jordans Marine...They are THE best on customer service and work. They will not sell you something you don't need or try to up-sell you either. Scott is about the most honest person I know and will go out of his way to help customers. I have been using them for years and never had an issue. I know that no one is perfect and things like this happen, but they had me up an going again fast. I dropped off my boat at lunch and it was ready to pick up at 0900 the next morning. They could have easily said, a fuse blew, a circuit breaker failed etc and charged me labor/parts but they said this was on us, and apologized for it.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo