New Knoxvillian planning a 2 or 3 day tripping session first week of November.

*EDIT* FISHING not TRIPPING..im too old for that

Hey Guys,
    New to the state from NC but loving it so far. I live on the east side of knoxville, close to the Holston river. Been having a blast figuring out the Hoston and French Broad.
    My brother who I dont get to see too often is coming down for a few days first week of November. We would like to do an overnight trip somewhere like watts bar, Nickajack, Loudon, douglas...really anywhere.

I'm a capable bass fisherman, but just don't know the area lakes too well. If you were going to fish out of a small jonboat for a couple days where would you go? We would love to find an air bnb that would allow us to fish for 2 days straight.

What would you do?
    Appreciate all your suggestions, and if anybody wants a report on the Holston or french broad near DT Knoxville I'd be happy to help.

Thanks
    Last edited by hoozier; 10-26-2020 at 02:25 PM.

2. Banned
    thought this thread was gonna involve cow patties and mushrooms

3. Member
    You all might check out Lakeside Resort on Watts Bar. Lots of good fishing close by in White's Creek. Should be easy access in your john boat. Have a good trip!
    http://whitescreeklakesideresort.com/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh3 View Post
    You all might check out Lakeside Resort on Watts Bar. Lots of good fishing close by in White's Creek. Should be easy access in your john boat. Have a good trip!
    http://whitescreeklakesideresort.com/
    Agree with this

5. Member
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    Would you guys recommend Nickajack over watts bar from a fishing perspective? I hear the frog bite there is strong, but it may be just as good at Watts bar, I just don't know. Thanks

6. kenny@bunchmarine
    Quote Originally Posted by hoozier View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    Would you guys recommend Nickajack over watts bar from a fishing perspective? I hear the frog bite there is strong, but it may be just as good at Watts bar, I just don't know. Thanks
    I spoke with some guys that were on Nickajack today and the bite is really tough even on the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by hoozier View Post
    *EDIT* FISHING not TRIPPING..im too old for that

Hey Guys,
    New to the state from NC but loving it so far. I live on the east side of knoxville, close to the Holston river. Been having a blast figuring out the Hoston and French Broad.
    My brother who I dont get to see too often is coming down for a few days first week of November. We would like to do an overnight trip somewhere like watts bar, Nickajack, Loudon, douglas...really anywhere.

I'm a capable bass fisherman, but just don't know the area lakes too well. If you were going to fish out of a small jonboat for a couple days where would you go? We would love to find an air bnb that would allow us to fish for 2 days straight.

What would you do?
    Appreciate all your suggestions, and if anybody wants a report on the Holston or french broad near DT Knoxville I'd be happy to help.

Thanks

In the last few weeks I have fished Nickajack, Chickamauga, Watts Bar, Ft Loudon and the French Broad and Holston rivers through downtown and up stream. The best has been Nickajack as long as you are there early or late, Mid day sun they are very tough to catch out of the grass. The French Broad has been okay depending on the area. I think I still have your number and will reach out to you again soon.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

8. Member
    Thanks Jason

9. Member
    Just wanted to give you guys a report. I tried to make a reservation at White Creek Resort but they didnt answer their phones or respond to emails. All was good as we launched out of a midlake ramp .
    High pressure bluebird skies both days we fished. The difference was we had wind on day#1, and flat calm on day#2.
    Day one we had 19 Largemouth, 2 smallmouth, 2 big stripers fishing bait balls on main lake wind blown points. Matching the hatch was crucial as they wouldn't touch anything over 3 inches long. Awesome day.
    Second day we had zero wind. Bait was still in the same spots but fish were just not active like they were the first day. Zero LM Bass, a few small smallmouth, 2 big stripers and 2 huge drum( 9 lbs), all on swimbaits.
    Overall a great 2 days on a beautiful lake. Always grateful to get on some fish on a lake I've never been too.

If anyone wants to fish in the Knoxville area feel free to message me and thanks for the advice