Installing older electronics

Buddy at work bought some used units to put on a crappie boat. Asked me what all he needed to connect them up and I am not sure. He got an HDS Gen2 10 & HDS Gen2 8, an LSS2 Transducer and Structure Scan box. The only wire he got was the transducer cable. What other cables and such would he need to link all that together? I know he needs a NEMA2K start-up kit, and a couple ethernet cables maybe. What would be the power cord serial #'s he would need? Thanks a bunch guys.

2. Member
    Two Ethernet cables. Any HDS power cable will work. They can be found by Google (power cable for HDS PC-30-RS422). There will need to be a total 3 power cables. Two for the HDS units and one for the module (SKU: 000-00128-001). Make sure to download the installation manuals. I'm not sure if the fuses come with the cables and you will need to know what kind to get. Here is the number for the 3 amp but I don't know if that's what these units and module need (SKU: 000-0127-50). All this can be found pretty easy just by searching the Lowrance website.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

2- HDS Power cables
    2 - 2D Sonar Transducers
    1 - LSS Power cable
    2- ethernet cables
    1 - Point 1 GPS
    1 -NMEA Starter Kit
    2- additional NMEA T's

Doing the same thing as your buddy. All I need is the Point 1

4. Member
    He can get by with one 2D sonar and the LSS2 unless he wants an additional 2D unit while on plane, but not really necessary. Just one for the TM. I recommend an HDI. And yes, a Point 1 GPS also!! I run that exact setup on my old bass boat that my kids fish out of.

5. Member
    Thanks for the help guys.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If he doesnt plan on adding any nmea sensors, he doesnt need that network.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    So they could just run a nema cable from one unit to the other? I get confused as to what the ethernet sends back and forth vs. nmea.

Quote Originally Posted by 84rickygreen View Post
    He can get by with one 2D sonar and the LSS2 unless he wants an additional 2D unit while on plane, but not really necessary. Just one for the TM. I recommend an HDI. And yes, a Point 1 GPS also!! I run that exact setup on my old bass boat that my kids fish out of.
    He won’t be able to connect an HDI transducer directly to a Gen1 Or Gen2 button unit. He will need a sonar hub and Ethernet cable.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

9. Member
    Yes sir. You are correct. I have the box, wm-3 satellite module, expansion box and wireless also

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ'11BassPortElite View Post
    So they could just run a nema cable from one unit to the other? I get confused as to what the ethernet sends back and forth vs. nmea.
    If you want nmea, you need the network cant just connect two unit together with a nmea cable. NMEA sensors that can be used are things like temp probe, engine data, Point 1, etc. The most common would be the Point 1. If he doesnt plan on getting one or any other sensor, no need for the network. The ethernet will let you share and sync waypoints.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    A blue HDI transducer will connect to a non-Touch HDS unit but it won't do downscan. Ethernet shares sonar and syncs waypoints and is a single cable. NMEA 2000 is a backbone running throughout the boat that units and sensors all connect into. It shares numerical data like water temp, depth, or waypoint information. NEMA WILL NOT sync waypoints.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

12. Member
    Thanks for all the help!! Again, this is why BBC is the best website around in my opinion. They guys that know are so eager to help those that don't, Awesome!!