BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Exclamation Solas Scorpion questions

Any feedback on these from anyone running one on a Ranger? Just wondering how they compare to like a fury in terms of speed, lift, holeshot etc. Have read you should run like 2 pitches lower then your current prop? IE if running 25 fury would go with a 23 scorpion any truth to that?

2. Member
    I'm running a 23" on a fish/ski setup that is very heavy and needs lots of bowlift. It works great. It runs about 200 RPMs less than a 24" modified Bravo I I have but is about 3-4 mph faster. The large diameter and heavy cupping allows you to run the engine very high with lots of trim. I have my vent holes opened to 1" and it is still not enough.

There are 2 different versions. The new version has the variable vent system, not the small vent locating holes. Also, the new version has a 7-1/2" long barrel with a slight flare. The old one has a barrel about 1/2" shorter with no flare.

I have the new version. Once I get the venting dialed in, it will probably be my best prop and I've tried a lot of props.