Chickahominy lake

I'm going to take my sister fishing on Chickahominy lake tomorrow. Has anyone fished there recently? I fish it about once a year so don"t know
    that much about the lake. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Denny

2. Member
    It's very shallow. I came back from my first and last trip there with a few new dings in the prop. I prefer the river.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

3. Member
    Michael, where is the best place to put in at the river. Never fished it and about to pick my boat up this week (I hope) and looking for a good place to go that not too far from Fairfax.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badfish7694 View Post
    Michael, where is the best place to put in at the river. Never fished it and about to pick my boat up this week (I hope) and looking for a good place to go that not too far from Fairfax.
    Rockahock Camp ground

5. Member
    thanks, i will check it out. Anything crazy i need to know about the river?

6. Banned
    Its tidal so learn your tide and current charts and time delays. rockahock has a decent ramp, but docks are falling apart and some exposed metal, directly across river on other side of island are some sunk barges, with stakes sticking up, be careful as the lake does get boat riders that will push you onto them. Down river there are some shallow spots in the middle, with channel on each side. no markings to speak of, unless things have changed. Oh and place gets pounded to death.

7. Member
    My original post asked about Chickahominy Lake not the river. Does anyone have any fishing information to offer about the lake?