21 SS Extreme prop advice

I'm back looking for help with my 2000 Stratos 21ss extreme with a 2005 250 Evinrude DFI.

This past summer I took off my 26 Razor because with no PVS plugs I could not get out of the hole with a tornament load. When I'm by myself, this prop works great!

I picked up a 25 Tempest Plus, I have small PVS plugs and the boat pops up out of the hole with a tornament load and a full tank of gas. Now I'm at 6000 RPMs @ 55 MPH and I still have pedal left, but I do not like running the engine that hard.

Need some advice.

Reduce venting on the Razor prop.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Reduce venting on the Razor prop.
    I'm not sure how to do that, I already have all of the plugs out and I cannot get the prop to spin fast enough to get out of the hole.

4. Member
    If you can’t get rpms up on hole shot turning the 26 razor and have no vents you can contact Mark’s propeller and have him drill holes and then you can adjust vents accordingly.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    If you can’t get rpms up on hole shot turning the 26 razor and have no vents you can contact Mark’s propeller and have him drill holes and then you can adjust vents accordingly.
    I do have PVS holes, and all of the plugs are removed, I still cannot turn that prop fast enough with a full tournament load

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    I do have PVS holes, and all of the plugs are removed, I still cannot turn that prop fast enough with a full tournament load
    How many? Mine had 4 at first which was great for just me but was slow with a partner and full everything to get up. I had Mark add another 4 for a total of 8 I run 6 wide open and 2 with medium plugs. It’s a rocket with just me and very good with full load and a partner. I didn’t want to go to a 25 because I can over turn it on the big end. 26 with 8 plugs is perfect.
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P

7. Member
    How many? Mine had 4 at first which was great for just me but was slow with a partner and full everything to get up. I had Mark add another 4 for a total of 8 I run 6 wide open and 2 with medium plugs. It’s a rocket with just me and very good with full load and a partner. I didn’t want to go to a 25 because I can over turn it on the big end. 26 with 8 plugs is perfect.
    Right now I have three PVS holes

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    Right now I have three PVS holes
    Just to be clear I’m turning a 4 blade so 2 vents per blade. I’m surprised you’re not able to turn a 26 3 blade with a 250 on that boat, is the motor running 100%? Are you sure it’s a razor 3 blade and not a raker 3?

9. Member
    Just to be clear I’m turning a 4 blade so 2 vents per blade. I’m surprised you’re not able to turn a 26 3 blade with a 250 on that boat, is the motor running 100%? Are you sure it’s a razor 3 blade and not a raker 3?
    Well I used to be able to use it. This year I switch to an ultrex, then I switched to 3 group 31 trolling motor batteries and I put a group 31 cranking battery...

The boat still jumps up on playing no problem with me in the boat, but when I have another partner and full live wells, then it becomes a struggle to get out of the hole.

I switch to the Tempest plus and never really thought there could be a motor problem. Boat shoots up on plane, I just don't like how high the RPMs go with this prop

Yes it's a razor, not a raker!

10. Member
    If the 26" Razor doesn't spin up on hole shot with 3 PVS holes all open, have 3 more holes added for a total of 6.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader186S View Post
    If the 26" Razor doesn't spin up on hole shot with 3 PVS holes all open, have 3 more holes added for a total of 6.
    That's what I'm thinking too

12. Member
    That 25 tempest needs work it's slipping over 30%. A good 25 should get you 70-72.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    That 25 tempest needs work it's slipping over 30%. A good 25 should get you 70-72.
    I didn't run it for long at 6000 RPMs, like I said before I really do not like pushing the engine that hard. So maybe it could have been faster, but I did not stay long at that RPM