CAN AMPED OUTDOORS LITHIUM BATTERY TAKE IT?

So I was wondering if the Amped Outdoors 30ah lithium battery could handle a Garmin GPSmap 1022 unit with the gls box, and also 3 Lowrance HDS gen 3 9's?
    Do you think it could power them for an all day fishing trip? I currently have that battery just powering the Garmin unit and box but was wondering if my other 3 lowrance units would be too much for it to handle?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    est 12 amps would require 75 to 100ah lithium to run constant for 8 to 9 hours
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    I don't know about the draw for the Garmin but the Gen 3 12's has a draw of .9 amps (I would assume the 9 is lower). This can be reduced by remove the back light function and putting in standby mode when not in use. IF the battery is not being changed by the big motor you should look into hooking up the electronic battery to the starting battery in parallel to keep it charged.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

4. Member
    I have 2 30ah in parallel running livescope setup and Helix Gen3. No problems

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    This can be reduced by remove the back light function and putting in standby mode when not in use.
    super important in order to conserve power. I had no idea till I marshalled elites, its the little tips you take away from something like that that matters. now i put both dash graphs on standby before even walking on the deck became something I do without even thinking about it and takes like 3 to 4 seconds max

6. Member
    This is a good topic. I look at the Ionic 20ah lithium battery, it only weighs 6lbs and looks like it would be good for your electronics and aereators but looking at the post about you would need a 75-100ah battery. OK, good enough then what int eh world would this 20ah battery be good for?

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    This is a good topic. I look at the Ionic 20ah lithium battery, it only weighs 6lbs and looks like it would be good for your electronics and aereators but looking at the post about you would need a 75-100ah battery. OK, good enough then what int eh world would this 20ah battery be good for?
    I sell I lot of 20ah for Kayaks or when someone wants to power one graph or maybe 2 small graphs
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    In the yak, I use a 12AH agm battery for a 7" garmin, and it works all day, no problem. I'd guess with your 30AH, two units would work all day, but I doubt three would last.

If you already have, try it. But I would probably buy a 50AH minimum, if I had to spend my money.

9. Member
    Great info. Thanks for all the feedback. I do put one of my 2 console units on standby. The other provides the map which networks to the unit up front. If I put that console unit on standby, i lose my map.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    I don't know about the draw for the Garmin but the Gen 3 12's has a draw of .9 amps (I would assume the 9 is lower). This can be reduced by remove the back light function and putting in standby mode when not in use. IF the battery is not being changed by the big motor you should look into hooking up the electronic battery to the starting battery in parallel to keep it charged.
    So, can you run a lithium 30ah battery and a lead core cranking battery parallel and will the big motor charge both and not hurt my electronics?