Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have a pair of Alligator Lucchese I purchased over 10 years ago I wear them two three times a year for dress.
    Paid over 600 that same boot no seam diagonal cut cowboy heel with the inlays in the upper sells for over 1500.00 they look like new too..

2. Member
    I have a lot of knives. Some were cheap bargain basement knives but most were 75.00 or higher. Carry a Benchmade but I have some German made ones that you can shave with. I suppose when you are in a tourist town you should expect to pay more for anything. I only own one pair of cowboy boots and they only get worn for dress wear. Usually you get what you pay for but not every time.

Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    . The men’s boots seemed to start at $400 and go up from there. I saw a few pairs over $1,000.00.

I don’t have anything against a guy spending his money on what he likes but I buy a pair of boots to wear. Inside of 6 months I have usually beat and scufffed them up I ashamed to wear them. I normally get 10 or 12 knives a trip there and a 3 month old one is pretty long in the tooth for me.

Assuming cowboy boots? Under $250 is absolute junk with few exceptions. I wear a pair of justin's everyday for work and they were around $300. The rest of my boots ranged $450-1200...but they last forever and aren't worn a lot. I still have a pair of Lucchese's that are like 12 years old.. It all depends on the material...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    What do sneakers go for nowadays? Jordan's etc.
    $120-$150 for the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    I guess some people don't pick up on sarcasm real well.....I will start putting (sarcasm) at the end of my posts.
    I see you are new here. Learn to type slower

6. Member
    I see people pay $9 for a cup of beer. It's their money. I just giggle.

7. Member
    Since this particular knife store was brought up by the OP I just wanted to add for anyone visiting Gatlinburg, and never have been in Smokey Mountain Knifeworks in Sevierville, on your way in you need to take the time to visit it at least once. It really is something to see........most people never knew that so many different knives and companies even existed.

8. Member
    Been carrying the same Leatherman around for the last 25 years. I figure it has cost me roughly .0038 per day .
    Do folks till wear cowboy boots?
    ​WHY ASK WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by 1nutinthewater View Post
    Been carrying the same Leatherman around for the last 25 years. I figure it has cost me roughly .0038 per day .
    If im not wearing Olukai slippers, I've got a pair of boots on.

10. Member
    I have to dress business casual everyday so instead of wearing goofy dress loafers or something similar I have 4 pairs of exotic boots that I rotate daily.

LOL! If I have to be in a dressy situation, wedding, funeral, etc. I'm wearing cowboy boots. Lucchese or Justin are my brands of choice, but I definitely don't buy them in G'Burg. The last pair of Lucchese I bought came from a semi local mom and pop store I caught on sale for around $300. I saw the exact same pair down there for $750. We typically go 3-4 times a year, but obviously this year wasn't typical. I did buy a pair of Justins down there about 10 yrs. ago, and they still look new.

(606)305-1956

12. Member
    tried a pair of slip on boots for relatively inactive work days and couldn’t do it. Have no idea how people can wear cowboy boots all day and do much walking.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    tried a pair of slip on boots for relatively inactive work days and couldn’t do it. Have no idea how people can wear cowboy boots all day and do much walking.
    Having quality boots, that fit correctly both size/width makes a big difference. I can run in my daily ones...albeit not willingly. Had to chase my dog once when he stupidly ran after a bird..

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    100 dollar knife won’t make it Here ,I get pissed when I lose the 1.99 special!

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    And that boot thing no way as Iam a sneaker guy

I do get a kick how people from outside Texas call the "cowboy" boots. They are just plain old boots here......

17. Member
    dont ever be surprised at prices when you are in gatlinburg or piegon forge.you are in money pit usa.the last weekend of the car shows dollywood resort hotel was getting $882.00 for the weekend stay.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Quote Originally Posted by Crabnbass View Post
    I'm a quality over quantity guy myself.
    Exactly. I am at the point where I have just about everything I need. I get top of the line, within reason, when I have to replace something. Someone asked about sneakers- the last 2 pair I bought were $150 and $120. The $150 Brooks running shows are easily the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I spend $50 to $75 on my kids shoes but they last a year while mine last closer to 5 years.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    https://www.blundstone.com/?gclid=Cj...UaArR6EALw_wcB

I tried these at the suggestion of a local hiking shop. I'm on my feet a bunch with concrete floors. They look great and feel even better. The place that sold them to me told me LOTS AND LOTS of people wear them in the service industry.

They are a lot more comfortable than may Peco's or Justins.

My OBOZ are by far the most comfortable lace up boots I own, but they aren't dressy enough for any business activities.

Wake up at around 4AM some guy sells a box full of knives cheap, on a infomercial

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast