Point 1 quit working

I got a new HDS Live, this morning I was getting it set up at home. After it connected to the internet I got a message that there are updates available for 2 devices, one being the point 1. I'm not sure if the update installed, now the Point 1 is not working and not on device list.

Anybody ever have this problem?

2. Member
    I assume you mean your HDS Live is on your NMEA 2000 network in your boat, and your boat is at home with everything turned on, and the Point-1 is not showing on your device list? If so, make sure everything on your NMEA 2000 network is powered on, and then choose Auto Configure on your device list. Then check to see if the Point-1 now shows in the device list.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I assume you mean your HDS Live is on your NMEA 2000 network in your boat, and your boat is at home with everything turned on, and the Point-1 is not showing on your device list? If so, make sure everything on your NMEA 2000 network is powered on, and then choose Auto Configure on your device list. Then check to see if the Point-1 now shows in the device list.
    Tried all this, I guess the update corrupted something in the point 1. After the update (if it took) I noticed the map jumping around. Swapped T's, checked network ext cord, configured, turned network off and on several times, still not on device list.

Bought a new one this afternoon, all is good.

Mine did that and it was the plug with the antenna, I bought a adapter plug from Maretron and it fixed mine..
    https://www.maretron.com/products/cabling.php
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12 with AT 1, HDS Pro 10 with AT 2, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.

5. Member
    I didn't know these were available.

Quote Originally Posted by bb45 View Post
    Mine did that and it was the plug with the antenna, I bought a adapter plug from Maretron and it fixed mine..
    https://www.maretron.com/products/cabling.php
    How did you determine that your point one wasn't bad and also, what exactly did you you buy to resolve your issue? My point one isn't on my device list anymore. Thanks.

7. Member
    All good ideas. Check the NEMA 2200 on the diagnostics list. If there are high send and receive errors it's a good chance there is a NEMA 2000 issue. Need to check the entire NEMA network including all the fuses. PAGES>SETTINGS>NETWORK>NEMA2000